Empire Square - Commercial Space

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Tuesday 27 May 2008 6.49pm
Hi,

Have just noticed some activity surrounding the large Empire Square commercial space on Long Lane. Anyone know of any upcoming additions or are they just digging the pavement up again?

Thanks,

Ben
Wednesday 28 May 2008 4.45pm
According to the concierge staff at Empire Sq, the WHOLE of the commercial space on Long Lane is being taken by TESCO !!! Can't find any reference to this on the planning applications register of Southwark Council, but could be interesting !!!
Wednesday 28 May 2008 5.12pm
What are they going to use it for?
Wednesday 28 May 2008 5.19pm
err! to sell food?
Wednesday 28 May 2008 5.35pm
Right next to their existing store on Long Lane?
Thursday 29 May 2008 8.53am
Further to my post yesterday, I have been told that the site has been bought, but that its ultimate use has not been finalized. It is NOT Tesco.
Friday 30 May 2008 7.22am
There is an application in to widen the possible uses permitted for the pavilion building.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 30 May 2008 9.15am
I think that's a different building, actually. The pavilion, colloquially known as The Armadillo, is in the centre of the development, rather than on Long Lane itself.
Saturday 31 May 2008 6.15pm
It will either be a Strada , a Carluccio's , a Leon, a Giraffe, a Wagamama , a Nando's or an EAT...

OK, so that's just conjecture. But leasings in new developments are that predictable, I've found.
Sunday 1 June 2008 8.31pm
strada, carluccios, wagamama...all sound a little too good to be true. i cant figure out how the new owner or whatever can be kept a secret. dont they have to apply for licenses etc??
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: