knackered foot tunnel between tate and blackfriars bridge.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
T
Monday 11 February 2002 11.39am
hi.
I have to use the foot tunnel between tate modern and blackfriars bridge everyday to go to work and it is absolutely disgusting! There are pigeon poo falling from above (of which I was a victim once - had to get my coat dry-cleaned...8.50) and it is dripping water everywhere (even when it is not raining!), I feel like indiana jones trying to dodge them!
Does anyone know if something is being done about this?
Monday 11 February 2002 11.44am
It's probably Railtrack's responsibility, so I wouldn't expect action anytime soon...
Friday 15 February 2002 1.21pm
I totally agree with the comments about the foot bridge.It has been in this state for ages now and the kids are always moaning about trying to dodge the bird poo!!!!
Friday 15 February 2002 1.25pm
Is that the same one that has lights but none are ever working? It is quite scarey going under there late at night.
Wednesday 27 February 2002 6.25pm
i agree from the blackfriars steps to the founders pub is disgusting. illegle traders, graffite, and rubbish, should be cleaned up.
T
Thursday 28 February 2002 9.49am
is there anything we could do to get something done?
Who do we contact?
Monday 18 March 2002 12.57pm
I got this from railtrack (eventually, I sent this on the 28the feb)
I sent an email to (customerfeedback@southwark.gov.uk) southwark council at the same time and have heard nothing
===============================

-----------------------------
Railtrack PLC (in Railway Administration)

Alan Bloom, Chris Hill, Scott Martin and Mike Rollings were appointed Joint Special Railway Administrators of Railtrack PLC on 7th October 2001

The Joint Special Railway Administrators act as agents of the company and without personal liability
-----------------------------

Your Ref :
Our Ref : 2001/07363
18 March 2002
* New Issues 08457 114141
* Outstanding Issues 020 7922 2632

In response to your enquiry concerning pigeons and Railtrack's intentions, the company's position is broadly as follows:

Until recently, Railtrack has not taken any action in respect of pigeons roosting on its bridges as pigeons are considered to be feral creatures over which we have no control. Councils have taken responsibility for the cleansing of pavements and roadways so affected and have, in some locations, erected netting under licence in order to prevent soiling of the ground underneath. This is still an option that local authorities can take, and Railtrack will consider any applications received.

A recent High Court ruling found that Railtrack was responsible for the provision of pigeon netting at one location in the Borough of Wandsworth, but not in general terms. Although Railtrack has appealed against that decision unsuccessfully, the company still maintains that it has no obligation to undertake works at other locations where it has not been clearly established that a nuisance exists.

In simple terms, it is for the council to demonstrate that a nuisance exists at this bridge before Railtrack would be required by law to take any action. Until such time, Railtrack does not intend to take any action at this location.

The assertion that Railtrack plc was adjudged to be liable is relevant only to the one bridge, and not as a general rule. The decision was based on a number of factors, including the number of pigeons and the density of human traffic passing beneath the bridge and is not a general declaration of public nuisance at all Railtrack owned bridges.

As regards to the lighting under the Blackfriars railway arch, please contact the Highways department of Southwick council; who will deal with the matter accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Zarita Westmore
Community Relations
T
Monday 18 March 2002 1.35pm
thanks james.
Do you have e-mail address of Southwark council?
Can you send another e-mail to them?

t.
Monday 18 March 2002 1.44pm
I originally emailed customerfeedback@southwark.gov.uk but as the reply from railtrack mentions the highways dept I looked on their website and found this - Environmentalcustomerservices@southwark.gov.uk

I will mail them later, but give them a go by all means.
Monday 18 March 2002 1.48pm
I agree with all the above.

I am starting a campaign to clean up Britain.

Everywhere I look I see dirty poo and Ive simply had enough.

My campaign suggests sterilising the whole of Britain. To do this we must tarmac every bit of countryside to stop the plague of wildlife that is threatening our cities and indeed our shoes and clothes.

Not only will this increase the need for street cleaners, bringing much needed employment to rural areas after fox hunting ban, but it will also ease congestion on Britains busy roads.

Join the campaign. Stop the poo.

Terry
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: