Furniture Hunt

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
harrietsadleir Thursday 29 May 2008 3.15pm
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has any spare dining chairs or a small sofa bed/sofa futon as my flatmate is moving out and taking hers with her!
Mandy Thursday 29 May 2008 3.31pm
'Fraid not, but as a hint, I furnished my new place almost entirely from eBay sellers. It can be very handy and cheap, but only really useful if you have a car, as they usually want you to collect...
harrietsadleir Thursday 29 May 2008 3.32pm
Sounds good. I dont have a huge car but maybe hiring a van would be cheaper than buying new furniture
Colinio Thursday 29 May 2008 3.43pm
or try Freecycle
bluefish Tuesday 3 June 2008 7.43am
I've got 5 IKEA CD racks (capable of 100+ CDs each, or DVDs, small trinkets, bonsai plants, etc) and an IKEA shoe rack that I'd like to move to a good home.

I'd ask about 20 for the whole lot. (Ordinarily I'm a great supporter of Freecycle, but with a new baby in hand I have nappy expenses!)

Anyway, it's not what Harriet was looking for, but if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to send you photos. :-)
jonathon Tuesday 3 June 2008 11.20am
there is a great cut price furniture store (not ebay) near new cross gate station

not shoddy, reasonable quality house clearance type stuff

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions