Volunteering in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 November 2003 2.27pm
Hello,

I thought I would let everyone know about a new volunteering scheme that's started at King's College London.

As you may be aware, I'm a student there and two of our main campuses (Waterloo and Guy's/London Bridge) are located in the SE1 area.

We now have a clear and defined student volunteering scheme with a group of volunteers and the ability to publicise within the Students' Union and the college opportunities to become involved in local and wider-reaching volunteering.

King's College London Students' Union (KCLSU) which runs the scheme (called "Community Action") has a website at www.kclsu.org and Community Action details can be found by clicking on the Student Activities button on the left. You can also email the team direct at volunteering@kclsu.org or use the phone number on the website to get in touch with the staff member who co-ordinates it.

I anticipate there are plenty of opportunities for the KCLSU team to get involved locally and I encourage those who need volunteers on a regular or one-off basis to get in touch with the team.

Regards,

Josh
Monday 10 November 2003 3.46pm
Josh,

Can you get your fellow students who live below me to "volunteer" to keep the noise down a bit?

And to "remember" that when they're shouting at each other, that's probably because they're making so much noise that the rest of the building can hear them?

That would really turn around my impression of students in the area

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 November 2003 6.44pm
Ivan, your post really made me giggle (again)

Josh, presume your students are volunteering to do good deeds to the needy in the local community? - What are the scopes of how they can assist?

Tee Hee
Tuesday 11 November 2003 4.45pm
Ivanhoe,

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I am not in a position to take them up with the students in question.

Curly,

I am not directly involved in volunteering - I was just checking back on this forum and thought what an idea place it would be to advertise that there is a corps available, so to speak. I strongly advise you to visit the website or drop an email to volunteering@kclsu.org who will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Regards,

Josh

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: