Leather Exchange Pub, Leathermarket St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
REM Sunday 1 June 2008 4.34pm
Can anyone explain to me how it is possible for a pub in the middle of a densely populated residential area to have a late license that apparently allows for live music to be played until 1am any day of the week? Properly sound proofed venues such as Brixton and Wembley have to finish by 11:00 and yet a pub, who leave all of their windows open, is allowed to disturb the peace until whenever they feel like it. Two weeks ago I hadn't even got to Morocco St and my heart sunk, I could hear every word of what was being played and sure enough the band was playing at the Leather Exchange.

Also, I've heard that if you make an official noise control complaint to the Council that when you sell your property you have to declare it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Without wishing to sound like a whinging neighbour we are dreading Summer coming as the noise problem will only get worse. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
juanita Sunday 1 June 2008 7.20pm
Hi, I found the council's noise complaint department professional & easy to deal with when I complained in 2006 about music from neighbours. They swiftly appeared and the noise stopped. When I sold last year, I did not declare it, but I did not know that I had to ...Not something that my solicitor asked me about.
boroughpaul Sunday 1 June 2008 8.29pm
i never knew The Leather Exchange had enough customers to cause any sort of noise problem...whenever i walk past its either closed or deserted
JGarcia Sunday 1 June 2008 8.50pm
You are right about the noise complaint declaration at the point of sale. When your solicitor starts your conveyancing case they usually send you a questionaire to complete. On this it will ask if you've registered any complaints from your property in the last x number of years, and if you have your solicitor will have a duty to make this known to the other party.

My advice - just make the complaint and give another address, and use your mobile number!
JonR Friday 13 June 2008 4.23pm
anyone know if they're still doing poker on Monday nights at The Leather Exchange?
Sidney Sunday 15 June 2008 4.41pm
Does anyone remember the unlicensed boxing they used to hold in the cellars?
JonR Tuesday 12 May 2009 11.24am
I noticed in the twitter bit on the home page that they want someone new to run the pub. Fullers are holding an open day on Thursday 21st.

I've talked about this previously on several occasions with other SE1ers. Owning/running an SE1 pub. A communal effort. A local pub for local people (but not in a creepy League of Gentlemen kind of way)
Ivanhoe Tuesday 12 May 2009 11.54am
I bet there's a nice big living space that goes with the pub, mine host Jon........

...if you press it, they will come.
hellsbells Tuesday 12 May 2009 3.19pm
There's a lovely big living space that goes with the pub - I've seen it (about three years ago). It's a lovely pub, but the tenancy changes hands regularly. I used to live in Leathermarket Court and I always found it to be really quiet during the week and after 8pm. I wonder whether it ever really makes money...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions