London Bridge Recycling Survey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 June 2008 5.45pm

As part of our on-going quest to turn the London Bridge area into a greener, more environmentally friendly community we have commissioned a Recycling Study in partnership with Potters Fields Park Management Trust.

The project is being carried out by London Remade Solutions who will undertake the research and produce an Action Plan for the area. The results of this survey will form part of the study, alongside 40-50 in-depth interviews with local businesses and an evaluation of current schemes and best practice across the UK.

The work will be complete by late-Summer 2008 and the Action Plan will then be implemented where possible over an agreed timescale.

Shane Clarke
London Bridge Business Improvement District
Sunday 8 June 2008 12.36pm
Great to see someone doing something about this! Recycling facilities in the area are ok at the moment but it would be good to know what people's requirements are and if there is scope for development. I doubt the council would ever do this so it's great to see the London Bridge Business Improvement District taking it on!
Sunday 8 June 2008 1.05pm
Check out their website .

Good to see that their first listed aim is "Networking" for local businesses, the board is dominated by people who have one or another sort of interest in local property deals, and that they are spending their funding cash on a party on the Belfast ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 1.01pm
Update: As of this morning we have 30 completed public place recycling surveys and approaching 50 1-1 business interviews on which to base the results of our joint research with London Remade

The public place recycling survey will remain live until the end of June. Obvioulsy the more responses we have the greater the validity of the research data. Please do forward to friends or visitors to the area.

Shane Clarke
London Bridge Business Improvement District
Saturday 14 June 2008 11.50am
I've completed the survey but frankly it should be obvious that the local recycling facilities are sub-standard. Having moved to SE1 recently I've struggled on a weekly basis to force my card and bottles into the bins over the road from the Bridge Lounge pub. Half the time I've just had to pour my sack into a public litter bin - I suppose I'll get fined for that if the council catch me!
Monday 30 June 2008 10.18am
Fletch - Thanks for completing the survey.

We now have nearly 60 reponses. We're really looking to pass the 100 mark. Please feel free to forward the survey link to those who live, work or visit the area. Will keep live for another forthnight at least.

Regards, Shane Clarke
London Bridge Business Improvement District Company
Monday 30 June 2008 11.47am
The survey doesn't appear to take account of the fact that large numbers of people deal with their rubbish (newspapers, drinks cartons etc.) by, unfortunately, ditching it on tube trains.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: