M&S Simply Food Bankside

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Jim
Wednesday 4 June 2008 12.46pm
Anyone been in yet?

I pressed my nose to the glass last night and the store looked much bigger than I expected.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 2.52pm
Yes, went in this morning - much bigger than any of the other branches locally and more on a par with the selection at M&S Marble Arch. Wide selection of items they don't stock in the smaller branches - birthday cakes, herbs, baking ingredients, party food, household stuff, greetings cards, etc as well as a hot food and coffee counter. Looks very promising and beats the range at Sainsbury's BHS hands down.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.19pm
It was certainly packed at lunchtime - the queue stretched right to the back of the store. I gave up trying to buy a sandwich and went to Pret instead.

The map on the flyers they are handing out is a complete muddle:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.25pm
James Hatts wrote:
The map on the flyers they are handing out is a complete muddle:

And wrong is it not? Unless there is another M&S that's opened today!
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.29pm
Yes, that's what I meant by "a complete muddle". Couldn't really be more wrong if they tried. How many people will turn up at The Anchor Bankside looking for M&S?

Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.36pm
So, where is it? Southwark St (junction of Gt Guildford) or Bankside?

I'm confused...
Wednesday 4 June 2008 3.42pm
It's at the bottom of the new office building called Bankside 3 near the junction of Great Guildford Street and Southwark Street, opposite Lavington Street.

See the red pin on the map on this page:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3332

Thursday 5 June 2008 5.49pm
With 'Premium Cod Fillets' at 10.95, packaged as if taking part in some form of S&M ritual, I think I'll be sticking to the rather pitiful Sainsbury's. Disappointing since I live directly opposite, though it does have a fine selection of wines which will no doubt see favour.
Thursday 5 June 2008 6.17pm
M&S seem to have a fixation with corks in wine bottles...it slows down the process too much for my liking. however, the wine on sale in sainsbury is so truly awful i may have to dig out the old corkscrew and give M&S a try
Friday 6 June 2008 11.56am
working opposite i watched the insane queues yesterday - its only a shop, sheesh

mind you - anything is better than that hole they labelled sainsburys
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: