Lost parakeet?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 6.21pm
Has anyone lost a small parakeet or budgie? There is one perched on the tenth floor balcony of my building on Mill Street. It is whitish with plack stripes on its wings and has a small credt on its head, and a very loud cry!
Wednesday 4 June 2008 6.30pm
I have googled and I think that it is an albino cockatiel.
Wednesday 4 June 2008 10.11pm
I'd call the local police station and let them know as the owner could have reported it missing. I found a chiuaua once and luckily the owner had already contacted the police station.

Then again, aren't parakeets 'native' to certain parts of London? I saw a flock of parakeets in Teddington once. Which I guess isn't really London...
Wednesday 4 June 2008 10.55pm
There are lots of parakeets all over London. They're mostly in the West. I once saw two flocks of 20-30 birds converge over a friend's garden in Kingston, but I've seen them as far North as Hampstead Heath and as far East as Oxleas Wood (near Eltham).

The London parakeets are surprisingly large green birds with a characteristic squawk.
Thursday 5 June 2008 12.29pm
The parakeets have been attracting quite a bit of media attention recently - e.g. this article yesterday.
Saturday 7 June 2008 10.55am
We had a small flock of green parakeets in the school playground in New Cross earlier this year. I'd heard about these flocks, but didn't realise they were such big birds. Won't be long before they hit the city now that there are more green spaces.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: