paying for blaine??????

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 November 2003 9.10pm
Sometjhing made me choke on my mid morning coffee today, and boy was I upset! Contrary to news reports on this website, Capital Gold radio this morning (10:30 to be pedantic) reported that southwark council, and therefore the local residents via council tax, were footing the bill for the potters field repairs.

The news reporter urged local residents to get onto Southwark for answers, after all, they said that Sky One and Blaines camp were taking care of the regeneration costs.

I have e mailed Southwark, but wondered what anyone else had heard or what other views are.
Am I getting over excited about nothing, or is Blaine hating a vindicated stance to take?

Oooo I thought this topic was long wrong could one girl be?

bye for now

Tuesday 11 November 2003 9.24pm
Hmm. Sounds like Capital Gold were getting muddled between the police costs (which will be half paid by Sky) and the council's extra expenditure which is supposed to be totally covered by Sky.

Certainly I haven't seen Capital Gold's claims reported anywhere else, any they're not the first place I'd turn to for news.

Are you sure what you heard wasn't a mangled version of this Evening Standard story?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 12 November 2003 11.48am
Why should we pay for half the police costs?

Nobody unvited him here anyway...
Wednesday 12 November 2003 10.32pm
James, i really hope it is just a mangled story! (mental note to self, Do not pay attention to news on shoddy radio stations.)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: