Free films at The Scoop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 6 June 2008 1.04pm
Most people will be aware that the scoop amphitheatrestarted their free season this week,showing films this month,music in July and theatre in August.I went on wednesday to see Chicago and though its not my kind of film,I did enjoy the event..The event has a bar and food.Tonights film is "the usual suspects"
which is a great film...bring something warm to wear as by 11pm I was a bit cold.

ps: I am Keyser Söze

Related events

• The Dam Busters (Friday 13 June 2008 to Friday 13 June 2008)
    Free open-air film screening
  • Atonement (Thursday 12 June 2008 to Thursday 12 June 2008)
    Free open-air film screening
  • The General (Wednesday 11 June 2008 to Wednesday 11 June 2008)
    Free open-air film with live accompaniment

Friday 6 June 2008 1.05pm
Full line-up here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/places/scoop/events#cinema

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 7 June 2008 1.31pm
I love The Scoop and helped out last year, during the Theatre Season as well as attending various films. The sound and picture quality are superb and the choice of films, this year, is better than ever - from Buster Keaton to Olivier to Tim Curry.

The bonus that all the entertainment, for several months, is free makes it even better! And for those who still think it's a City Hall/Ken initiative, it isn't anything to do with them or Southwark Council, it's all through More London.

My only 'disappointment' was all the smoke from the BBQ and the not very nice smells of cooking - although I can understand why they have added this [and a pay-bar]. I hope they dispense with the former; the chap sitting next to me added, through the smoke, that his chicken sandwich was overpriced at 4, I believe.

I'll be there for 'The Dam Busters' and 'Rocky Horror' - not to mention 'Henry V' and the season's finale: 'The Sound of Mucus' - bring your own wimpole, lol.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: