Help needed for young person

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 7 June 2008 10.51am
My 15 yo. daughter is organising a charity concert in association with the Coronet Theatre. She is currently looking for an organisation which would be willing to be responsible for the sponsorship money. Ensuring that money is paid out in accordance with what it was raised for, and on receiving appropriate receipts. She is aiming to raise 3000 in sponsorship.

The concert is to raise money and awareness for Special Kids in the UK, a national charity supporting parents with special need children. The charity also helps to pay for days out for the families, as well as other activities.

The concert will feature 4 upcoming unsigned bands in the london/home county region. She already has 3 signed up, negotiated with the Coronet to hold the event at cost. She has also raised some sponsorship and has applied for a youth fund. The London College of Communication is looking to see if they can help with publicity. But without a responsible organisation who are willing to help out with the sponsorship money all this work could come to nothing.

With all the bad publicity young people get, and in particular the emphasis on knife crime I am hoping someone here will be willing to help her out. The other thing I would like to mention is she has Aspergers, making what she has achieved so far no mean feat.

She is also looking for more sponsors. She is not looking for large sponsorships. This is a pilot project and if successful she would like to repeat it for more local causes. Idealy she wants 6 sponsors of 500 on the hope that one or two will be willing to consider sponsoring future events. For this reason while all sponsors will be recognised at present those donating 500+ will automaticly get a vip invitation to the event and access to the vip room. She may review this depending on the response from sponsors.

So if your organisation is willing to help out, either taking care of the money, or in sponsoring the event please contact me by email to and it would help if you can put 'Pestilence Paradise' in the subject line.

Monday 23 June 2008 6.36pm
I would like to thank Jacob from SE1 United, for stepping in and offering to help my daughter out.

So now we will be concentrating on raising the much needed sponsorship.

She also recently applied to the youth fund, and wish to take this opportunity to wish good luck to all the other young people who turned up in their own endeavours.

It was heartening to see, despite all the negative press, there are young people in Southwark who do care about their communities enough to do things.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: