video rental

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 February 2002 11.56am
Can anyone suggest a video rental place in the area? Would anyone be interested in an online video rental place that delivers?

Thx
Kelly
James Hatts
Monday 11 February 2002 12.00pm
There was a similar question last week - http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/813
Monday 11 February 2002 6.34pm
Kelly,

The video rental place on Tower Bridge road is okay also there is a small but good one down in Shad Thames.

Cheers

David
Tuesday 12 February 2002 4.33pm
The Circle shop in Shad Thames has just started renting DVD's out, I think it's 5 quid to join up, then 2.50 per movie, but it's only 1 pound if you return the movie before 6pm. Not bad, you can pick up a movie on a rainy sunday afternoon and then return it before 6pm and it will only cost a pound.

I don't think they do vid's though.

John.
Friday 15 February 2002 1.12pm
Star Video on Walworth Road, mentioned in the previous discussion actually stocks every video ever released and is much cheaper than most places. It is a bit of a tardis - very unassuming on the outside, and the service is a bit grumpy at times but you literally can borrow any film you want.
Thursday 21 February 2002 9.45am
I would be interested in an online video rental place that delivers, Keep us posted with any developments.

Cheers
Glenn
Friday 22 February 2002 3.50pm
If you are interested in dvds, you could try www.in-movies.com. Its 15 a month and you get 3 out at a time.

Once you've watched a movie, slip it in its prepaid envelope and drop it in the post. When they receive it they will send you the next dvd from your online list.
Monday 4 March 2002 5.18pm
I may be interested in delivery videos.

There is a company that does this in SW London called Reels On Wheels, but it doesn't cover this area.

Nik Hole
nik@shevolution.com
Monday 4 March 2002 5.29pm

Movietrack.com do DVD rental by mail for 2.99 + 50p p&p. It arrives in 1 to 2 days and you get to keep it for 7 days. You then return it by posting it in the pre-paid envelope. I have used them and found them very reliable.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: