Looking for an outdoor "function room"...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 9 June 2008 8.47pm
Hello all,

My 30th birthday is approaching and I am seeking a venue for an informal (and reasonably quiet) party for, ooh, 30-40 people, on Saturday 5th July. SE1 is the natural choice as I don't live far away and most of my family and friends have easy journeys into Waterloo and London Bridge.

Am looking for somewhere which serves real ale and buffet nibbles, with some outside drinking space that's either bookable or accessible from a bookable function room.

I thought about Brew Wharf, or the George. Would they take bookings for part of their outside space on a Saturday night? Any good/bad experiences with either of these?

Any other suggestions?

This has sort of crept up on me and I really feel as if I need to get it sorted this week or I won't get any guests, never mind a venue!

All reasonable suggestions gratefully taken on board.
ADT
Tuesday 10 June 2008 8.27am
I have seen outdoor space reserved for parties at All Bar One on Butlers Wharf.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 9.26am
Bit further but Doggets Coat and Badge at Blackfrairs used to have a bar and terrace you could hire but was some years ago i last went there.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 9.39am
Doggetts sounds like a good plan, actually! I might give them a call or drop in today after work...

Thanks for suggestions so far...
Tuesday 10 June 2008 10.45am
There is a pub on the corner of Colombo Street and Paris Gardens which has a garden at the back. Can't remember the name, I think it is A Shepherd Neame pub if they still exist.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 10.51am
I think that's the Rose and Crown...? There are two pubs round there and I can't remember which is which.
Tuesday 10 June 2008 12.20pm
It's the Rose & Crown (or Rose and something). Generally shut weekends, but I suppose that might make it a good venue for a private party.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 11 June 2008 12.19pm
Ruth Elleson wrote:

My 30th birthday is approaching <snip>
This has sort of crept up on me
<snip>

Major birthdays have a habit of doing that - just wait for 40 ..... or 50 .... They seem to come even faster!
Wednesday 11 June 2008 2.35pm
Hmm, I tried Doggetts (by far my favourite of the above suggestions) and the Terrace Bar isn't available that night :-(

I might go and make some enquiries at the other suggested venues... though to be honest, since I started trying to set this up I've begun to realise it might be a lot easier and less stressful to scrap the idea of a proper party and just take my close family out to a decent restaurant instead...

I haven't actually made that decision yet though, so we shall see!
Wednesday 11 June 2008 3.28pm
Hi Ruth,

Try Ruse Too, Law Street I've had a few parties there and it's great. They close the whole pub for you. You can have it until about 2am. 50 deposit, which you get back if you spend a certain amount, I managed to get them down to 300 but even if you don't reach that you've still only paid 50 for the hire. They have a beer garden, and you can have use of their BBQ or do you own food, also they let me move the tables from one half of the beer garden before so that I could have a bouncy castle.

The person to talk to is Tony his email is info@ruse.uk.com
and the telephone no is: 020 7403 4484
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: