Harris Academy Boot Sale

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 June 2008 2.28pm
Does anyone know if this boot sale is still on?

I was looking to go there this Sunday to do face painting.

If the boot sale IS still on does anyone know a number I can call or whether I would actually be allowed to have a face painting stall?

Wednesday 11 June 2008 2.58pm
I believe that the same boot sale now operates from Fisher FC in Salter Road SE16.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 11 June 2008 3.19pm
Yep - it starts at 11am on Sundays.

Have a look here, and click on "SE" in the map. "Fisher FC" is ninth in the list - there is a phone number too.
Wednesday 11 June 2008 4.24pm
Ok that's great, I'll give them a ring, many thanks!!
Wednesday 11 June 2008 7.04pm
Please let us know if it is on or not. I would love to come and my kids would love to have their faces painted too.
Thursday 12 June 2008 10.24am
I've phoned them but its just an automated message saying that it's on this Sunday Fisher Athletic, what time it starts (10 for sellers, 11 for buyers) so I think I'll just go down there and see if I can get a spot and whether I'm actually allowed to have a face painting stall. Although I don't see why not?
Sunday 15 June 2008 6.50pm
I went along with a friend and we were hugely disappointed.

Not many stalls (about 30 boots in total) and most of those had old videos for 50p a go, DVDs for 1 (all booters said they were "legitimate guv" and not copies) and, for some reason, minging old computer keyboards and mice.

Sorry, but loads of old tat at this place - I know that's what car-boot sales are all about but this was a truly naff booter.

So, we jumped on a 188 and headed to Greenwich Sunday market - much better and some bargains to be had!

Did not see any face painting going on - so I assume se1sam gave it a miss.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: