London Bridge Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 14 November 2003 11.53am
Anyone know what the current status is? I head that after the enquiry it was going to The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister for review, and that a final decision which was expected in the Autumn.

No more information on his site, the LBT site or even when I sent an email to the archictects?
Friday 14 November 2003 12.42pm
There are a number of major schemes still with ministers. My (over-optimistic?) sources tell me that there is a frantic attempt at "joined-up Government" going on between ODPM and the Department for Transport to thrash out a way forward for the Tower and a revised design for the reconstruction of London Bridge station arising from Thameslink 2000.

This may involve moving the "shard of glass" - I'm sure there was an earlier post about Sellar (the developer) having bought an option on the other 1960s tower block to enable this to happen.
Friday 14 November 2003 6.40pm
Which other 1960s tower block?

Sellars have bought the tower block on the site which they originally intended to build London Bridge Tower on.
Friday 14 November 2003 8.21pm
The story came from this news story on the site
(perhaps James can tell us whether this was officially confirmed by the Sellar group?)

which was followed up in the following forum topic:

There seem to be some confusion between:

Southwark Towers
(the building constructed in the 1970s as part of the station redevelopment, and currently occupied by PwC, which is the originally proposed site for the glass shard)

New London Bridge House
(the 1960s Seifert building constructed on the station forecourt, and extened at the bottom in the 1980s. There are conflicting rumours that it has also been bought by Sellar or that the owners have employed US architects Kohn Pedersen Fox to replace it with something twice the height!)

Post edited (14 Nov 03 20:30)
Wednesday 19 November 2003 1.31pm
The DPM has given the go-ahead:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 19 November 2003 1.54pm
Excellent news for anyone interested in improving their property's value. Bad news for anyone wanting things to stay the same.
Wednesday 19 November 2003 1.56pm
Thanks - I saw the posting today (london-se1 got this before even the Evening Standard!) I pretty much welcome the development and think it will enhance the area. Not looking forward however to the inevitable traffic chaos we will have to put up with during construction
Wednesday 19 November 2003 2.41pm
Most of the towers construction is going to be done off site and pre-fabricated parts driven to the London Bridge site to be assembled. Its going to be a big job and traffic volumes will increase but personally Im very, pleased and excited its going ahead.
Wednesday 19 November 2003 3.26pm
James - a good topic for your online poll?
Wednesday 19 November 2003 4.26pm
Still waiting for the decision

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: