E&C: back to the drawing board?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 52
jackie rokotnitz Friday 1 August 2008 3.52pm
Certainly seems like it. Oakmayne will have had to scrub around for financing I dare say, and the hold up on that site must have cost a bomb. But without it, the whole redevelopment of the shopping centre will be snookered, so it's high time they got moving.
urbanite Monday 4 August 2008 7.55am
Oakmayne seems to be getting a bit of a hard time of it all round as they have just had their plans for the Recall site on Bermondsey Street rejected for a second time last week. Southwark may want to think closely about the relationship they have with this developer, which I belive is quite widespread over the borough and has gone on for some time, and possibly encourage them to deliver more user firendly schemes which people really want, not just architects (and accountants)fantasies, encouraged by certain misguided planning officers who also seem to think large scale developments are all that any of us want and need.
James Hatts Tuesday 12 August 2008 1.42pm
jackie rokotnitz Tuesday 12 August 2008 6.16pm
Hmmmm. Go figure. The Grands Fromages were all over my roof terrace twice this last month, figuring out strategies and layout I dare say (I was just the one with the roof terrace no one told me anything). But it certainly is dragging on.
drog Tuesday 12 August 2008 10.03pm
How much of the 1.5billion can be left of the regeneration budget. This administration is definatly milking it. A scandal,local government at its worse. One delay after the other. The council should be ashamed of its incompetent behaviour.
MarkR Wednesday 13 August 2008 8.33am
LendLease - like most in the property sector - are in severe pain. Profits down, asset values down etc.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3b340bf0-6285-11dd-9a1e-000077b07658.html

They will avoid making any major financial commitments until the property market recovers. That puts the heart of the development back 2-3 years by my reckoning. The Council should be honest about this, but I don't suppose it will be.
James Hatts Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.38pm
Lend Lease boss Nigel Hugill has resigned:
http://www.propertyweek.com/story.asp?storycode=3121636

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 3 September 2008 9.16pm
Oh dear oh dear oh bloody dear....what a total screw up.
chavender Thursday 4 September 2008 11.09am
Do mike up your roof terrace next time, Jackie. Could be interesting.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
jonathon Thursday 4 September 2008 6.10pm
there are more than one delegations from the mid-east visiting all the major developers at present. they are scouting around for investment partnerships in lieu of traditional means of raising capital.

they have cash and will be getting favourable deals to part with it.

london will be spared some of the gloom
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 52

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions