Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 20 June 2008 10.00am
I noticed today that:

- the ground floor of Amisha Court is boarded up - anybody know what happened? I am hopeful that it is boarded up while they install the new restaurant/bistro, but I have my doubts...

- the pub next to/near the doctors' surgery is for sale...perhaps a gastropub in South Bermondsey?!

- the public toilets on the corner of Grange Road and TBR are advertised as 'to let' for a 'cafe/restaurant refurbishment'.

A lot happens in a week!

Friday 20 June 2008 11.51am
Well as long as they remove the lovely fixtures and fittings from them....the oak panels and old fashioned glass and brass handrails before hand before they get sold off...and our legal department make sure the toilets are only let...not sold off for a peppercorn amount by mistake like they did with the toilets in Union Street 15,000 ( and the bricklayers arms I think)
Friday 20 June 2008 12.02pm
I've always thought the public toilets on the corner of Grange Road and TBR road would make a good bar - like the Cellar Door on the Strand.

So it's a shame that they're only available to let as a restaurant/cafe. Eating in an underground former public toilet isn't as appealing!
Friday 20 June 2008 5.22pm
It's certainly an interesting location for a restaurant - I am not clear whether 'refurbishment' would allow the incoming occupier to build above ground...

Oddly, I remember that there was an architectural competition a couple of years ago to design residential apartments for that site so the council obviously had a change of heart, which is probably a good thing as you can have too many flats!

Friday 20 June 2008 11.58pm
I was a little surprised to see the boarding up of Amisha Court - may be they just couldn't afford the security man and just need to protect the glass. It looks horrible though.

As for the public lavs, even if they had disabled access I don't think I'd ever want to eat in a former toilet...
Tuesday 24 June 2008 3.42pm
I don't have a lot to add other than the fact that I hope some of these new facilites start opening soon!

I think it is great that there is lots of new housing coming to the area (it seems most around me is under the Bermondsey Spa banner incoporating the developments at St James and further along Spa Road) but what are these people going to do?

I see in the master plan that the row of shops on Spa Road is to be updated and I hope that happens soon (useful as the Will Hill is). Also the new Sainsburys, cinema and other bits in Bermondsey Square will help, but I can't help thinking a bit more infrastructure will be needed...
Wednesday 25 June 2008 10.45am
I just thought the advertisement over the public lavs was missing an 'i' in the middle...
Friday 27 June 2008 4.06pm
clarks_magic_sack wrote:
I just thought the advertisement over the public lavs was missing an 'i' in the middle...

It would certainly take a visionary restauranteur to make such an interesting space (aka a disused, underground bog) work...

I tried to phone Circle Apartments today about the hideous boarding up job, but there was nobody there. Be interested to hear if anybody knows anymore?
Sunday 6 July 2008 12.57am
The boards over Amisha Court have been covered up with hoardings advertising the properties - also says a cafe is coming soon!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: