Lend Lease - Olympic Funding?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 June 2008 4.44pm
I don't know if anybody else caught the news item today, but there's an article in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7598676

The article notes "delays in securing financing" by Lend Lease for the Olympic Village. Is this likely to hit the Elephant Development? I'm thinking that if they're stuggling just with the Olympic Village, that all other projects might be delayed for a while.

Any thoughts?
PJ
Monday 23 June 2008 9.34am
I noticed this too. Information seems to be in short supply from the developer. The removal of the roundabouts have stalled indefinitely thanks to TFL.

Also the 360 degrees London tower has not been launched and was supposed to launch last Autumn.

Looks like stale mate at E&C.
Monday 23 June 2008 9.46am
Would it be worth anybody enquiring through the Freedom of Information Act exactly what has been said by TFL? Is it posssible to get that information through the Act?
Monday 23 June 2008 10.18am
My guess is that very little will happen at the Elephant for at least the next 5 years. Those schemes that have been started, and sold off-plan, will trundle on to completion, but I don't see any other major projects being started. Values of residential property are falling and there would likely be very little demand for the retail/commercial space so the economics just don't stack up.
PJ
Monday 23 June 2008 1.03pm
Any comment or news Jackie?
Monday 23 June 2008 1.34pm
Back tomorrow, will get on the case!
PJ
Thursday 26 June 2008 11.23am
Any news Jackie? or anyone else?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network