Trendiest street in SE1 is.......

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 21 June 2008 12.24pm
.......Bermondsey Street.
At least according to the Summer Issue of LondonBridge magazine - only bit of post I got this morning!
Laid-back Bermondsey Street is fast becoming one of 'the' places to be seen in London. Some uber-cool shops have opened in-between the bars and bistros, including Terra Plana, Cockfighter and 167 Bermondsey Street.

And there was I thinking that if you weren't seen in Newcomen Street you were nobody.
Saturday 21 June 2008 12.34pm
OH dear, and I suppose we at the E& C are pure DROSS.
Saturday 21 June 2008 7.47pm
Don't worry, I'm sure "trendiest" isn't the highest accolade.

Indeed, maybe if you don't live on the trendiest street, it's possible to find cafes, laundrettes, dry cleaners, pubs without over-priced drinks, dentists, doctors and other such useful services. Trendy places are not always places that serve many interests.
Sunday 22 June 2008 3.04pm
Absolutely, homeletter! :P
Sunday 22 June 2008 5.40pm
well to be truly trendy you need a quality deli that serves breakfast till late at weekends, a wine bar with a lengthy champagne list, a fabulous hairdressers, a groovy bookshop that isnt called borders or books etc, an organic fruit and veg shop that only sells in season local produce and does juices to go, a butcher that sells home made sausages and a florist that looks like a courtyard garden. there would also be 2 gay bars a post office and an art-house cinema. oh and there has to be oddbins
where is this nirvana in se1???
Monday 23 June 2008 10.37am

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 23 June 2008 10.39am
That would be Shad Thames/More London (if you count the Scoop as an arthouse cinema)!
Monday 23 June 2008 11.25am
Not sure where you mean boroughpaul? but let me know if you find it!
Monday 23 June 2008 5.23pm
That's it then - I am going to have to move out if SE1 is becoming 'trendy'! Here was me thinking SE1 was about a great social, racial and economic mix with space for everyone, not just the trendy Location, Location set. I'm gutted!
Monday 23 June 2008 5.37pm
Depends on your definition of trendy - it doesn't have to be negative does it?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: