Exemplary service at Zizzi, Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 June 2008 5.24pm
Went yesterday to this restaurant for lunch - my Mum had an offer voucher that we didn't want to waste.

The food is your basic (but decent) chain-of-restaurants-Italian.

The service, though, was a cut above the best: pleasant staff with a great attitude and aa high level of professionalism.

We'll be going back even without an offer voucher!

(no connection other than happy - and completely stuffed - customer.)
Monday 23 June 2008 7.18pm
McQueen - your post gives me hope because I've never had expemplary service or good food at Zizzi's on Shad Thames. I really think the food is AWFUL. It's got no taste. I'd prefer to eat an air sandwich. If more people post on here agreeing with your comments then I may try it again...but until then!

PS - I think the Chop House bar is the best place to eat - you can't beat the food or the 10 pound 2 course menu. No affiliation etc etc.

PPS - why hasn't my keyboard got a pound sign?!?!

Monday 23 June 2008 7.26pm
McQueen - you may wish to post a review here in our restaurants section:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 24 June 2008 9.30am
Every time I see one of these restaurants, I cannot help but giggle. Zizi in French is willy...
Tuesday 24 June 2008 10.39am
London Aye - the food was ok but not exceptional, but then I wouldn't go to ANY chain restaurant expecting exceptional food. My bruschetta topping was lovely and fresh, but my main course, though flavoursome, was a bit too oily for me. the REAL reason for my post was the service, which was GREAT and I wanted the staff to get the credit they deserved. I know I would have been quick to complain on here if the service had been lousy.

While I'm on the subject, we had a great cup of tea at Teapod afterwards, and the girl who served us was lovely too ;)

James - sorry, was being thick yesterday and could not work out how to post a restaurant review, but will bear this in mind for next time.
Tuesday 24 June 2008 11.15am
quite right the staff at Zizzi are lovely...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: