MSc International Tourism Marketing at LSBU

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
shu
Tuesday 24 June 2008 2.20pm
Hi there,

I've been offered a place for MSc International Tourism Marketing at LSBU. I would be gratefull if you have some information about the university, facilities, teaching especially tourism...I am wondering between LSBU,Greenwich and Surrey...
Tuesday 24 June 2008 2.59pm
I went to LSBU a few years back (1999) to study IT and found it to be excellent all round. The libraries and IT facilities are very good - and are kept up to date.

I made friends with a couple of the tourism folks who were in the same halls as me - they rated the course highly. However, like any Uni, the course is only as good as the staff - and that was my focus when I chose LSBU.

If it were me, I would check the list of lectures each facility has and compare it to other Unis - then check on the student intake on your course to get a feel for the lecturer/student ratio. Also, Google a few of the lecturers names - good lecturers seem to pop-up at other Unis as guest speakers. Here is the staff list for LSBU to get you going.

I would also be looking at the publication list of the lectures to see if they are still active in the field, i.e. producing recent and relevant publications and not just spouting stuff they learned way back.

Good luck!
shu
Tuesday 24 June 2008 3.31pm
thanx a lot!
Monday 30 June 2008 9.08am
Hello

I am studying a part-time MSc in Human Resources at LSBU and have found it to be excellent in the main. Part-time study can be a little be 'detatched' but the staff are very committed and facilities seem to be very good.

They seem to be very focused on vocational study so the Tourism course should be good - is it accredited by the appropriate Institute? If so, they will have had an input into the curriculum so that will give you a sense of confidence.

F
shu
Wednesday 2 July 2008 10.59pm
This is the information written on the site.

MSc International Tourism Marketing

This course is currently subject to Validation.
About the course
Course Accreditation

This course is accredited by the following professional bodies:

Chartered Institute of Marketing

I am wondering what "This course is currently subject to Validation." means? Is it going to start?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: