Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 29 June 2008 11.31am
Anyone know what's happening with re. the work here?

There was a recently granted aplpication next door for 'A change of use of part of the ground floor area at 42 Southwark Street from B1 and B8 to A3 to form a new link into existing A3 use on the ground floor at 40 Southwark Street. New proposed side service entrance off Maiden Lane.'

We've spoke to a couple of guys working there but they're being cagey. My wife's convinced it's going to be a strip-joint after getting a far-too-quick 'no idea' when she asked a 'large-breasted blonde Eastern European girl and her pimp' waiting oustaide this morning whether she knew either.

Related news & features

Monday 30 June 2008 1.47pm
I so hope your wife is wrong - I will try and find out .....
Monday 30 June 2008 1.51pm
Given that your wife is clearly psychic...does she have any ideas about lottery numbers?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 30 June 2008 2.41pm
Would A3 usage cover a strip-joint? Wouldn't separate licenses be required? A strip-joint is so 'worst-case' as to be unlikely (he says, grasping the neatest wooden object), but how to explain the aforementioned cageyness of the people we asked? Other possibilites - a low-end Macdonalds/KFC type joint or Ferran AdriĆ 's initial foray into the London restaurant scene (frantically licks aforementioned wooden object)

My wife has read the mind of the large breasted Eastern Europen woman (who is now staying with us after my kind offer of free board and lodging) with regard to this Saturday's lottery numbers and says 'there will be six of them' and also 'a bonus ball'. The latter sounds like insider information of the first water to these lay ears.

I'm afraid her psychic abilities are reserved for
Monday 30 June 2008 7.03pm
I promise I won't worry about it then.... But if I hear anything I will keep you posted even though I feel that I have to run the gaunlet from London Bridge Station to Southwark Bridge Road as it is.
Nice coversing with you.......I'm a 1st time user and find the forum an interesting and friendly site.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 5.19pm
Latest gossip I have on this is that the museum will be moving into the basement of the building whilst upstairs will be a hardware store.

What we're talking about as regards 'hardware' I'm not sure given the comments above, but seems an odd spot for a errm... tool shop.
Monday 21 July 2008 3.50pm
I fear that this may have closed. It struggled on since the death of Edward Bramah in February, but its hard to see anyone having the committment to keep it going now.

The shop and museum is empty. The decorators are in. but there are no signs outside or in the windows, and the website has not been updated.

Very sad if its gone.
Monday 21 July 2008 8.41pm
This site may have something to so with The Chocolate Factory on Southwark Street.
The plot thickens
Monday 4 August 2008 4.22pm
Just went by and the place is filling up with paint supplies so its definately a decorating/hardware shop..
Wednesday 13 August 2008 5.48pm
Has anyone heard what's happening to the tea/coffee shop/ museum in Southwark Street? Now that the Borough Market Trustees have forced the wonderfully eclectic Shipp's Tea Shop closure I thought that I'd pop round the corner to have a cuppa and listen to the pianist of fond memory in Bramah's,but I was confronted with a scene of desolation,just paint pots and emptiness.Woe was me !
Please,don't tell me that we're about to be blessed with yet another Starbucks ,etc.? We crave a little eccentricity these days !I went home quite depressed.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: