ANOTHER stabbing on OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 July 2008 6.58am
Just heard on the news....someone found stabbed to death in a petrol station on the OKR. What is happening to us? Where is it going to stop?
Tuesday 1 July 2008 7.43am
Dont think it will ever stop. Its awful that people have to kill others. WHY?
Tuesday 1 July 2008 9.23am
Glad I moved out of Southwark - the place seems to be a virtual warzone these days.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 9.38am
It's ludicrous, warnings are everywhere...carry a knife and you Could get 4 years...but carry out a stabbing and it's a trivial sentence!
Tuesday 1 July 2008 10.40am
Life is cheap, unfortunately, for the sorts who get involved in this. Cheap to die; gaol cheap too.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 10.56am
wjfox2004 wrote:
Glad I moved out of Southwark - the place seems to be a virtual warzone these days.

Completely OTT comment, in my opinion. Though one alarming thing about some of the more recent events is the relatively young age of those involved. For some perspective on the situation see this
Tuesday 1 July 2008 1.46pm
Thanks for injecting some sanity, janefs.

I don't understand what's meant by saying that jail is cheap. Is the idea that it's not feared?
Tuesday 1 July 2008 4.23pm
The police have released a bit more information:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3379

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 4.26pm
What I mean is that these poor youngsters - the knifers are victims as much as the knifed (and long-term posters know that I am about as far from a bleeding heart liberal as you could possibly get) - have so little quality of life that they apparently don't care if they kill, are killed, or are jailed. In fact, jail might be the first experience they have had of a stable community - not that I am suggesting they choose to go to jail.

What the solution is, I have no clear idea. These youngsters need some hope in life. Cleaning up drugs would be a good starting point. My first suggestion is making heroin available free on the NHS to registered users.

And yes, janefs is absolutely correct. Gang warfare doesn't impinge on the rest of us white professionals. This is not a warzone.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: