Insector Data Ltd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 July 2008 10.49am
I left a computer last year with an SE1 company named "Insector Data Ltd" for recovery of data after a catastrophic hard disk failure. At the time, I paid 300 for the recovery of the data. The data was recovered (as far as I know, since I received an email with the data structure). I then instructed the company to order and install a new hard drive so that things would be working again. This (apparently) took months and months. Eventually, still having heard nothing, I went back around to their listed location in The Leather Market, Weston Street. The company have moved on and have a new address, which I'm still investigating.

I cannot get through my telephone. If I leave a message, the data centre (who are just taking messages on behalf of the company) take a message, but I don't have any of my calls returned. If I telephone the mobile number, my calls are just "cut off" after two or three rings. Today I called the data centre to ask for a) the company's house registration number, and b) the company's new address. I was told that it was not "company policy" to give out these details.

I am just wondering whether anybody has had any dealings with this company, or even might know the chap that runs it. Even if they've lost the computer, I really really just want the data back as it has some very important family photographs on it. Can anybody help, or has anybody had contact?
Tuesday 1 July 2008 12.28pm
Companies House provide those details via their website - Insector Ltd is registered to a Wales address

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Insector's website is http://www.dataemergency.co.uk/

It is probably best to involve Southwark Council's trading standards dept. Hope you get your data back.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 12.31pm
Have you checked the Companies House website? Insector Data Ltd is not listed on there. There is however a company called Insector Ltd, whose details are as follows:

Name & Registered Office:
INSECTOR LTD
29 NEW ROAD
LLANDEILO
CARMARTHENSHIRE
SA19 6DF
Company No. 05763974

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8d596fe4cc0cc5284812dbff078a1730/compdetails

Whether or not that has anything to do with the company you are looking for, I'm not sure.

However, according to Insector's website, http://www.dataemergency.co.uk/, the UK arm was called Data Recovery UK Limited. This company was dissolved in May this year. Here are the details from Companies House:

Name & Registered Office:
DATA RECOVERY UK LIMITED
1ST FLOOR
26-28 BEDFORD ROW
HOLBORN
LONDON
WC1R 4HE
Company No. 04650993

Date of Incorporation: 29/01/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
7222 - Other software consultancy and supply

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8d596fe4cc0cc5284812dbff078a1730/compdetails
Tuesday 1 July 2008 12.45pm
OK, on Kellys both Insector Ltd and Insector Data Recovery UK Ltd are listed as being at the same address in the Leather Market. Obviously that information is out of date, but it suggests the companies are linked, so you could try contacting the Llandeilo address.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 1.44pm
I worked for a few weeeks for this company (or a predecessor of this company) in late 2005 when they were based in Lafone Street in Shad Thames and called Data Recovery UK. The reason I only stayed for a few weeks was the company was a shambles! They went bust soon after I left and set up again in the Weston Street offices you mention. The head techinical guy who as far as I know set up the offices in Weston Street was a Welsh bloke called Huw something... am trying to find out more and will post back when I get the details.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 2.07pm
Right found it!

The name of the guy who owns or owned Insector can be found here. I would presume the address in Wales is where he now operates from.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 2.57pm
[edited by agreement of Homeletter and Jonathan K]
Tuesday 1 July 2008 9.05pm
Thanks for everything that everybody has written above. This is really useful. I visited both a residential address that somebody in the Weston St reception gave me, where I couldn't find him, and also visited 70 Hammersmith Road (Crown House). The concierge said that the company was not listed, and therefore were not based at that office.

Now I know that he has now dissolved his company, it is not surprising.

Tuesday 1 July 2008 9.19pm
Tuesday 1 July 2008 9.49pm
I think the Bedford Row address listed above for Data Recovery UK Ltd is the office of these guys:

David Rubin & Partners
26-28 Bedford Row
London WC1R 4HE

T 020 7400 7900
F 020 7242 3233

It is a firm of chartered accountants and licensed insolvency practitioners. They may be able to help.

I would also consider contacting Watchdog or the Citizen's Advice Bureau for help.

Good luck.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network