Alarm on corner of Morocco/Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 July 2008 8.05pm
I'm new to the board (hi, all!), so I apologize in advance for my first post being a complaint, but an alarm on a building near the corner of Morocco and Bermondsey (next to the auto repair shop) has been going off for quite some time. It sounds like crickets chirping but is still rather obtrusive. There is no phone number to call on the alarm box. Can anything be done about this?
Tuesday 8 July 2008 9.22pm
Southwark Council may be able to help...
Wednesday 9 July 2008 9.00am
Oh, thanks very much! It went off around 9:30, but I'll keep this link handy in case it starts up again. I heard it a few days ago as well.
Thursday 10 July 2008 8.27am
Yes I heard it too...most annoying. Therre is also an office at Leathermarket Street whose alarm regularly goes off. I called there 1 day to be told it was faulty and they were waiting for an engineer...meanwhile it had bee going off for 2 days...any chance of turning it How ignornat some people are.
Friday 11 July 2008 12.30pm
I called the Noise team who came out and phoned someone who was going to cut the alarm wire to stop the alarm but the owner of the property turned up and was issued with a warning.

In future you can call the noise team anytime on 0207 5255777.
Friday 11 July 2008 2.52pm
Thanks very much--for phoning and also for the number, which I'll keep handy.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: