Small change - charities?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 July 2008 7.57pm
I have accumulated a lot of 1p, 2p and 5p coins I would be very pleased to give to a charity. Any suggestions about somewhere I could take them where they would be gratefully received and I wouldn't need to count them, fill in any forms or travel far?
Zoe
Sunday 13 July 2008 8.08pm
Ooohh, I have lots too, and somewhere local would be good, as they are very heavy. Would it be strange to take them into a second hand shop?
Zoe
Sunday 13 July 2008 9.11pm
Thanks, I'll take them to the ASDA!
Monday 14 July 2008 9.07am
If you bank with HSBC some of their branches have automatic sorting machines.
Tuesday 15 July 2008 8.37am
Hello
I'm Head of Fundraising at the British School of Osteopathy, a charity that makes over 40,000 heavily subsidised or free treatments per annum to the Southwark and London-wide community. Having completed a very comfortable new clinic at 118 Southwark Bridge Road, we would welcome donations of coins - which you could drop in to the clinic, or to our 275 Borough High Street address. Also, we have recently registered with the share charity, Sharegift, and would welcome donations of any unwanted share certificates via sharegift www.sharegift.org.uk if anyone wants to unburden themselves of them, and help an excellent local cause.
best wishes
Anna

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: