Bermondsey Street to be dug up... AGAIN

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 July 2008 10.16pm
As revealed on BBC London News, as part of a report on Thames Water's directors awarding themselves big bonuses whilst Londoners are inconvenienced by ongoing water pipes replacement.

Apparently the contractor made a boo-boo the last time the street was dug up for this reason, or something. This might explain why Suvverk Caahncil only resurfaced the bottom half of the street earlier this year.

Le sigh. Jolly good that Thames Water are finally carrying out long overdue work to the water infrastructure, and I suppose I shouldn't grumble, but it does seem interminable... Grr.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 7.31am
make sure the plonkers dont wash any concrete residue down the our street they never had enough common sense to cover them up whilst working on the street..
Wednesday 23 July 2008 7.12am
Some businesses have put up A4 sheets of paper advertising a consultation event, although I didn't catch when and where it was - nor, really, what the point of it would be. "Please don't dig up the street again" "Oh, OK - we won't, then."
Wednesday 23 July 2008 2.44pm

See thread on SE1 forum :"Bermondsey Street Thames Water works" for full history.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: