Third World Postal Service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 13
Thursday 18 December 2003 4.28pm
I got a letter from RM recently saying that the post was rubbish in SE1 (funnily enough it got through fine unlike all my other post...)
which made me laugh cos I've been telling them that for the past 2 years. I couldn't quite see how putting 1m quid into the Olympic bid would make the post service any better or make me feel any better about getting things a month after they were sent to me.
Surely they should be putting 1m back in to their crap service so some of us had hope of getting all those interesting packages that 'mysteriously' go missing.
Thursday 18 December 2003 4.31pm
I too had the "good will gesture". It turned up within days of my making a complaint online at the Royal mail website. I had a cheque sent to me that took over a week so the sender went to the post office to complain and was told that full compensation wasn't their policy but he could have a couple of books of stamps.

I agree, there has to be a story here.

H
Thursday 18 December 2003 4.34pm
IMO it used to be a lot better when we had a sorting office near to our house.

When I used to live off Trinity St about 7-8 yrs ago, we used to have great post and I knew the posties (they used to drink in the Trinity Arms, and that never seemed to affect timeliness or completeness of delivery).

They worked out of the post office on Swan St (now a block of flats). When that closed down, I noticed a drop in service and an increase in post that lost itself. Things have just got worse ever since.

Does this fit in with anyone else's experiences?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 18 December 2003 4.43pm
Yes, and it's pure Kafka that the compensation we've all had is in the form of stamps.

If we have had business-damaging issues with late mail then we should be due some proper compensation. It sounds like several of us would have such a case.

anyway, yoo-hoo, journaliste....
Thursday 18 December 2003 5.10pm
you got compensation?!?!?!??!!!!!!

how did you manage that? am i the only one just getting (late-delivered) stupid apology letters?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 18 December 2003 5.10pm
yes quite. I wonder if their "policy" extends to defending law suits.
Thursday 18 December 2003 5.34pm
To get this pathetic so-called 'compensation' I rang the number for the postal quango which was given by Ivanhoe - see his message above.

And they always communicate with you via post, another irony seeing as you have to wait an age just to hear from them (no joy when all your post is being mis-directed to someone else's address, as mine was.)
Thursday 18 December 2003 9.41pm
agree about crummy postal deliveries, and very angry about the patronising card saying that as a compensation RM would be giving £mill to Olympic bid. Sorry, but
that's £1 mill of our money, and why should they give public (i.e. our)money to support another scheme funded by public (i.e. our) money?
and what happens to it if bid fails - who are they to throw our money away in a high- risk scheme?
And, most important, did they ask us? how dare they assume that's what we wanted? Why not spend £1 mill on recruiting more post people?
I've written to ask them, but had no reply. Perhaps reply got lost in the post.
Friday 19 December 2003 12.22am
The other thing that got me annoyed about the pathetic apology letter was its implication that all the problems were a result of the postal strike, whereas it seems that most of the current difficulties are due to the Post Office's own decision to go down to one delivery per day, the postal strike's effects having more or less been sorted some time ago. If they are so sorry that they feel the need to write us all a letter, why dont they just reverse the decision? After all they have obviously got a million quid to spare, why not spend some of that on keeping on the 29 local posties that my (very appreciated and hard-working) postman tells me are being dispensed with in the near future (so dont believe any of the stuff about it 'all getting better soon')
Saturday 20 December 2003 11.37am
has anyone else had Amazon packages go missing? I really don't know what to do. They were Xmas presents for other people - left the Amazon depot on the 8th Dec, posted first classs, and just nowhere to be seen.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 13

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network