Third World Postal Service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 13
Saturday 20 December 2003 12.14pm
sputnik, send a copy of the confirmation email invoice to the
intended recipients. That will at least prove to them that you
made the effort for christmas.
I gave the postman a tenner as a christmas box even though
he's useless. There's no point in falling out with him as he can
cause me more inconvenience than I can cause him.
MM
Sunday 21 December 2003 12.29am
Amazon used to have a policy of replacing any order that was "lost in the post", i.e. nicked by thieving posties, free of charge. You might want to give them a ring, explain what's happened, and get it sent to an address not in SE1. I used to find that the SW1 post-code was very reliable, as it is shared by the Prime Minister and all the government departments, so all the posties are checked out first by "our friends in the foreign office" who live in Vauxhall but who don't have a name. Simply befriend the bar manager of any pub in SW1, drink regularly there for a number of years, and then he will collect packages for you. You then pop in a couple of days after they are due and pick them up free of charge. Alternatively, move to SW1 by paying 500,000 upwards for a flat.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Monday 22 December 2003 11.13am
Nice thought...ingenious re SW1..thanks..
Monday 22 December 2003 3.18pm
I am the Facilities Manager at a large business operating in SE1. I have recently been pulling my hair out at the complaints I have been receiving internally regarding delivery times and the Post Office.

On complaining to them all they could offer is that I pay for a business collection service, why should I pay when we are already paying first class and items are taking over 5 days to get anywhere.

Due to the poor delivery/collection service staff have not received their Christmas overtime and other problems have been encountered.

I have yet again complained to the Post Office and have directed them to this site and demanded an explanation. I will keep you updated as to whether we received any joy.

Good luck in your endevours !

UPDATE : I received an email reply from the Post Office within 30 minutes of mailing them. However all it did was say 'sorry for the inconvience' - I have followed it up again today since we have had more problems.

Post edited (02 Jan 04 13:56)
Saturday 3 January 2004 11.17am
This is to the facilities manager who left the message above.

Did you hear anything back? I for one am definitely listening. I plan to send this thread to Simon Hughes, our local MP, to see if he can do anything more than Royal Mail's ineffectual quango.

Does anyone else have any examples of business/professional mail going missing?
Saturday 3 January 2004 1.01pm
I always get other peoples mail and have been for about 10 years - I get mail with the same house number as mine but in 2 different streets, mail where the street number does not exist, my neighbours mail and I know that they get mine too even though the postcode is different. Once, when waiting for some concert tickets, less than 24 hours before the event we found out Royal Mail had tried to deliver them to the wrong address 2 weeks before and they were taken back to the sorting office because a signature was required - obviously the address where they had tried to deliver would not sign and they told them they were delivering to the wrong address. Complaining to Mandela Way sorting office (when you can get though) is a waste of time. If I have to have anything of value delivered I have it sent to where I work - this is best - I know from experience.

Jim
Sunday 4 January 2004 9.18am
... and SE17 is just as bad - so don't try moving S. of the New Kent Road.

I straddled the two postal districts (back door, front door!) which sounds exciting but just means double the crap. I won't bore with the details of what happened when I tried to get redirection to my new address in NW9 - except to say that Postwatch promised
<<a manager will personally inspect your pigeonhole daily to ensure that no redirected mail is delayed>> yeah right - I've just received a bank statement posted on 12th November...

I think "Third World Postal Service" is flattering it somewhat.

Jim
HC
Monday 5 January 2004 11.40am
As things have gotten so bad, and the Post Office seem to think that a book of stamps will make amends, I intend to report this to Southwark Police, as this is in effect theft.

I am still awaiting a video posted on 1 Dec.
3 CDs posted in November.
And contact lenses posted also posted in December.

Has anybody else gone down this route already, as we will have a stronger case for investigation if there is a catalogue of examples / incidents....?

Monday 5 January 2004 11.52am
Well, my credit card never made it from October. Persuaded them to send me another. Arrived Special Delivery - I wasn't in. After continuously calling for 2 days, someone eventually answered and it was delivered on Saturday. It had clearly been opened - both sides had been slit and sellotaped. So, I have had to cancel it and need to wait for another one. Thinking about complaining - but it probably won't do me any good.

Still waiting for a cheque posted in early December, birthday presents from october and god only knows what else...........
Monday 5 January 2004 2.06pm
I've just sent a fax to Simon Hughes, the MP for Southwark, about this issue.

I'll let you know if he replies and any feedback he gives.

I've quoted many posts from this thread and urged him to check the whole discussion.

By the way, I used a service you may be interested to know about - www.faxyourmp.com, which allows you to compose and fax local MPs direct from their website.

It seems quite good so far in terms of confidentiality and general usability.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 13

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network