Third World Postal Service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 13
Wednesday 7 January 2004 2.42pm
Toby,

what was the earlier thread that you mention?

The more that we can use as evidence/documentation at this stage, the better and more persuasive our arguments will be.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.43pm
Dear Sputnik

I am writing on behalf of Simon Hughes MP, and I can assure you that he would be happy to try and help. To date he is not aware of having received your fax. It might be that it has simply not worked and therefore it might be best to send an email directly to him at: simon@simonhughesmp.org.uk.

Simon does receive a vast quantitiy of letters, emails and faxes, all of which are dealt with only by a relatively small team. This means that it does sometime take longer than anyone would like to contact all those who have requested assistance. Simon does endeavour to deal with everything which is sent to him nevertheless.

Wishing you all the best on Simon's behalf.

Post edited (07 Jan 04 16:44)
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.54pm
Dear Carpmaker,

Once again on behalf of Simon Hughes MP, I would be happy to try to find out what progress has been made regarding the issue mentioned in your fax. Perhaps you could also send an email to simon@simonhughesmp.org.uk including your name and address and a precis of your original fax.

With kind regards on behalf of Simon Hughes MP
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.59pm
Hey hey,

as long as this is genuine, the above looks promising!

I guess that means Simon Hughes, or his team, have been reading this thread -otherwise how would they know if they didn't get the fax.

I like it - non-existent postal problems getting sorted by telepathy.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 5.10pm
Rach

I suggest that you just put it into the bin. There is no legal requirement to have a TV licence. There is no legal requirement to inform the TV licencing people either.

As they won't believe you anyway, and will continue to send those irritating letters, I suggest that you just drop them into the bin - and have a good laugh at the pointless waste of effort.

Oh yes, and when a TV licence man turns up on your front doorstep, and says 'may I come in?', you are not under any obligation to let him. If he has _reason to believe_ that the law is being broken, then he might just about be able to return with a police officer to demand entry. Despite his officious little uniform, toothbrush moustache and little peaked cap, he has no more authority to come into your house than do I. That is why he will ask 'may I come in'.

If you work, you're unlikely to be visited by the enforcement people anyway - you'd have thought they would get bored with knocking on your door.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 7.56pm
I have called Time Out Customer Service to tell them that I might have to cancel my subscription because of the late delivery by the Royal Mail. I have also made clear that it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of Time Out, but that they are stakeholders in this issue. I asked them to address this with the Royal Mail. You never know...
Jai
Thursday 8 January 2004 7.28am
talking about Time Out,

got an offer through the door to get a year's subscription for 2.-

not really worth it if it's always going o be late though eh...

Varkenslachter
jac
Thursday 8 January 2004 10.53am
Whilst nipping out to the local shops I take a short cut through a block of flats.

I noticed a postmans bag which looked quite full had been left in a corner presumably as the postie himself delivered to the flats on the upper floors. Whilst I can understand him not wanting to lug a heavy bag about, it struck me that our post was very vunerable to anyone just helping themselves, so it may not always be the postworkers nicking the post but down to neglect.

The bag was gone when I returned some 10 minutes later lets hope to the postie picked it up.

As mentioned in an earlier thread I have also had a cheque card stolen recently and subsuently used frauduantly in Ilford.
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.01am
Thanks Mapmaker :)
Before I read your post, however, I phoned the TV licensing complaints line yesterday. Apparently they've updated the records now. So I'll no doubt be getting another letter / visit next week. Glad to know the legal position though. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing the TV licensing official, as I've never been sure that they, or detector vans, actually exist, but I probably never will if they only call during office hours.

Toby - about your correspondence with London Electricity going missing -- be aware that someone may be fraudulently using your identity. I have a friend who thinks someone may have got hold of her Utilities and other personal correspondence from her rubbish, as they then went on to deposit 2000 in her bank account. Quite good you might think -- until she went to the bank and she was held there on suspicion of fraud...
If someone uses your ID to order goods or arrange credit in your name and then don't pay up, your credit record can go down the pan. There is a service you can pay to have an additional security check made every time a credit application is made in your name to ensure this isn't happening. In my various wrangles with Royal Mail they verbally agreed to fork out for this for me -- I didn't follow it up in the end simply because it was usually impossible to get through to the person dealing with it -- perhaps I really should. Anyway the website of this service is www.equifax.co.uk. They have a section on how to prevent identity theft. Unfortunately it doesn't mention complaining to Royal Mail that there is clearly some kind of organised gang working in Southwark Delivery Office :-)
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.52am
Sputnik

Try searching for "Failed Postal Delivery" and "Grrrrrrr bloody postmen" from September last year. Apologies for my lack of technical expertise in being able to attach a link.

There are a fair few cases in there of lost items and you can see that this issue is not a new one!

Cheers

Toby
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 13

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: