Mugging in Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.11pm
Not sure if someone else has mentioned the following already:
Last Sunday around 9 pm a cyclist was mugged by two other cyclists at the crossing of Tooley Street and Tower Bridge Road.
The two guys punched the cyclist in the face and stole his Ipod. The two black guys just moved away - not in a hurry (the front of it).
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.15pm
How did they know he had an Ipod?
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.32pm
I live in Tooley Street and saw the incident - my flatmate rang the police.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.44pm
No, I meant, how do the muggers know that he had an Ipod. Was he listening to it as he cycled?

I have sympathy for anybody who gets mugged, especially when you get a whack in the process, but you can minimise your chances by not having your valuable gadgets on display.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.51pm
Yes he was listing to it, all three bikes stopped by the traffic lights and one of the guys punched him on the face, he lost his balance and the two other just went off with the lights still red! I too listen to music when cycling...
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.55pm
Clare wrote:
I too listen to music when cycling...

That sounds stupid and dangerous for reasons other than robbery . . .
Tuesday 22 July 2008 4.09pm
Only as "stupid" as everyone else, then. Pedestrians on their phones and ipods, drivers on their phones, with the radio on, etc.....

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 4.12pm
Beowulf that was not nice! I do not see the harm in listing to music when cycling by the river - jumping to conclusion too quickly!
Tuesday 22 July 2008 4.54pm
Sorry, but I think that cycling whilst listening to music is very dangerous indeed. You are incredibly vulnerable on a bike. You need your wits about you at all times - far more so than in a car - and that includes paying full attention to all senses, including hearing. Even by a river. Not least because you are a danger to other pavement users.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 6.33pm
Agree 100% with the last post. Still pretty raw that the cyclist got jacked for an iPod, though. Maybe it was an iPhone - that seems to be the latest object of violent pavement envy.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: