Lovage Indian Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 22 July 2008 2.58pm
Anyone been yet?
Tuesday 22 July 2008 2.59pm
According to the sign on the door Lovage doesn't open till Thursday.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 22 July 2008 3.14pm
It's under 'recent openings' in the food and drink section.
Maybe I'll be first in there then.
Friday 25 July 2008 9.16am
Six of us went last night, and we thought it was fantastic. The staff were all really friendly, and we all thought that it was the best Indian meal we'd had for a long time. In my opinion, it's certainly far better than the Bengal Clipper. I'm so pleased that finally a decent Indian has opened in the area.

On a different note, does anyone know what's happened to the Lazy bar? I walked past this week and it looks abandoned. The bar was still covered with glasses but the furniture has gone and a couple of the windows were broken or boarded up.
Friday 25 July 2008 12.46pm
nickier wrote:
I'm so pleased that finally a decent Indian has opened in the area.

What about Café Nawaz? Not ritzy, and an unlovely location, but the food is great.
Friday 25 July 2008 7.20pm
I love Simply Indian and they deliver too:

www.simplyindian.co.uk
Friday 25 July 2008 7.59pm
Walked past Lovage tonight and got dragged in for a look round by a guy resplendent in Indian attire.

Looks great inside and upstairs looked very busy - I think the SE1 lunch club should pay a visit very soon!

Some details for you:

Opening hours: 7 days a week, noon til 2:30pm then 6pm til 11:30pm.

"Express lunch" menu: £7.95 including glass of wine or a pint of beer.

They are handing out 30% off coupons valid til 15 Oct 2008.

They do take aways 7 days a week: Sun-Thurs 5:30pm til 11:30pm and Fri-Sat 5:30pm to midnight.

No, I don't work for them but really hope this place is a success - we need a good Indian Restaurant in Shad Thames!!!
Saturday 26 July 2008 12.07am
I think that the food in Silka is very good.
Monday 28 July 2008 5.58am
Gave it a try on Saturday...friendly service, good food, nice ambience. The flyer I got at the entrance says that "since its opening Lovage has caught the eyes of many food critics and media attention..." ???oh really? the flyer surely must have been printed weeks ahead of the opening...

Well worth a visit, especially if you get 25% off your bill (think this promotion is on for a few months)
Monday 4 August 2008 8.51pm
I had a takeaway at the weekend and did think it was excellent, really. It struck me as the kind of place where the quality of what you ordered made you want to sample the rest of the menu. The price was exceptionally reasonable too, I just hope they do a little better than when they were the Hara Bar, it always seemed so quiet. I will certainly be going back
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: