Cider Fest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 24 July 2008 5.09pm
As I was walking past The Southwark Tavern in Southwark Street this evening, I noticed a board outside advertising a Cider Fest on Saturday 26 July.
Just thought I would bring it to attention of the forum as I know from previous posts that there are a few cider drinkers in SE1.
Don't know any more than what the board says, but just thought I would mention it, not affiliated etc.
Sunday 27 July 2008 11.53am
Did anyone go?
I walked past it and the place was heaving.
I ended up in The Rake and enjoyed a pint of Twickenham Naked Ladies.
Sunday 27 July 2008 8.05pm
I thought about it when I saw your original posting, but completely forgot about it!
Monday 28 July 2008 11.17am
Oh what a shame. Didn't see your post. And to think we were having a wander not 5 mins from there on Saturday, idly going nowhere in particular and thinking of somewhere to go for an afternoon cold drink. Oh well. Can't have cider all the time.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 July 2008 11.34am
Oddly enough, given the latest spell of hot weather, there's nothing I find more refreshing than a good cold decent cider down by the river. Can't be found! Horrid Strongbow in the Anchor and expensive (4 a pint)Bulmers in the Founders Arms.
Any recommendations?
Monday 28 July 2008 3.49pm
There's very little that I know about, JayBee. The Bridge House (top of TBR - nr shad thames) does Aspalls, which is good for keg cider imho.

(Otherwise, it's a carry out from the New Forest Cider stall in the market (which may not be as cold as you like it))

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 July 2008 4.17pm
Thanks Ivanhoe - I'll bike up to the Bridge House and give it a whirl. meanwhile, I have a couple of bottles of something from 'ampshire a-chillin' away in the cold box.
I've had the mulled cider from Borough Market and it certainly is good in winter for warming the heartles of....I mean the cockles of your heart! ))
Monday 28 July 2008 4.49pm
I had a glass of cider at the Horseshoe Inn last week. It was my first one, so I can't really give an opinion other than it tasted nice.
Wednesday 8 October 2008 5.40pm
Walking past The Southwark Tavern this evening, I noticed they have a board outside promoting Cider again. Called a Cider Love in or something like that.

Also noticed that Borough Market are promoting an “Apple Day” on Sunday 26 October. Not quite sure what an “Apple Day” is but perhaps the Cider fans on this website could oblige an explanation.
Wednesday 8 October 2008 5.46pm
Doh!
I now know what Apple Day is all about.

http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/index.php?module=whats_on:156

Should have checked first.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network