The London Bridge Experience

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 31 July 2008 10.16am
Anyone know what this is like?
Thursday 31 July 2008 10.51am
It seems to me to be a bad immitation of that which is across the road. Quite why SE1 needs two Dungeon attractions, let alone in such close proximity to each other, is frankly beyond me!
Thursday 31 July 2008 11.00am
Expensive and not very good. The first part of the tour is plain odd (lots of mini scenes with bad actors, playing out the 'history of London' to a crowd who have only really paid the ticket price for blood and gore); the second part is quite frightening (lots of screaming), but you never get the feeling you are somewhere of historic importance.

Chris
Thursday 31 July 2008 12.11pm
are you two both answering the correct question?

You sound like you're talking about the Tower of London Experience, or London Dungeons or whatever it's called.

The London Bridge Experience is entirely different, and I thought rather good. You get to see how the whole thing works, and you get to walk across the top walkway part which has excellent views over London. It's not cheap, and it's expensive enough that I probably won't go again any time soon.
Thursday 31 July 2008 12.26pm
Mini Haha wrote:
Anyone know what this is like?

Looks nasty from the outside! They seem really desperate for customers so it can't be that good. Now using megaphones to shout at people queuing at London Dungeons to come to the London Bridge Experience instead. And they completely block the narrow pavement under the bridge itself with their crowd barriers.

A very poor addition to the area.
Thursday 31 July 2008 12.28pm
JonR, I think you're confusing London Bridge with Tower Bridge.
Thursday 31 July 2008 12.31pm
JonR how could you? i thought it was ONLY Americans who confused London Bridge with Tower Bridge...unless of course you were intending irony in your posting??
Thursday 31 July 2008 12.58pm
Oops, never mind--misread a posting.
Thursday 31 July 2008 3.10pm
JonR - I would never dream of dissing the bridge experience containing the over river walkway. Thats been there for over 100 years and is really rather good, photogenic and most definately not beyond me.
Thursday 31 July 2008 4.32pm
oops, bugger yes, that's me misreading!

slapped wrist there.

I have no experience of 'The London Bridge Experience'
'The Tower Bridge Experience' on the other hand wonderful.

'my bad' as they say in the US!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: