Union Street Travelodge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 1 August 2008 12.50pm
Has anyone noticed those two retail units to let either side of the doors to the new travelodge on Union Street? Anyone know what they are for? I'm hoping for a second-hand bookshop and an artisan bakery.
Zoe
Friday 1 August 2008 7.05pm
Wouldn't that be great, I'd love a nice French bakery
Saturday 2 August 2008 11.19am
a real bakery of any denomination that opens at weekends
Monday 18 August 2008 1.34pm
The larger unit at the corner of Union Street and Gambia Street has been taken by Remploy for use as a job/training centre for disabled people.

The smaller unit to the right of the hotel entrance will be The Wine Theatre restaurant/bar.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 August 2008 5.51pm
Thanks James - mystery solved. A Theatre of Wine you say? Mmmmmm....
Tuesday 19 August 2008 10.02pm
Until that day when we 'll have our local boulangerie there's always the Cafe Traiteur in Lower Marsh,near Radio Days end.The patron goes to France every Monday to stock up,so Mardi is a good bet to visit there.
Sunday 14 December 2008 4.00pm
There is a sign on the door to say The Wine Theatre opens officially on Monday 15 December.
Sunday 14 December 2008 4.32pm
On their website it said the grand opening was on Friday 12 December.
I suppose it was for the VIP'S and other dignitaries. I never received my invitation, I guess it was lost in the post.
Thursday 15 January 2009 9.55am
There's a licence application for a 24-hour 'Local Express'.

The address given is 201 - 203 Union Street which is the old Art Academy building, but I suspect this is an error and this is in fact the empty unit between The Wine Theatre and Remploy.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 January 2009 11.41am
Local Express? Could that be Tesco hiding under that name? Very little information in the application too.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: