Can anyone recommend a local dental hygienist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 3 August 2008 4.26pm
I'm looking for a really top-notch dental hygienist in the area - Bermondsey Street, Bankside etc. Can anyone give me a recommendation? Prices?

Sunday 3 August 2008 5.46pm
I went to the hygienist at Talbot Dental Clinic on Borough High St 2 weeks ago and she was great - very friendly. I think I paid 40. The dentist there also accepts NHS patients, which is handy. No connection, etc, just pleased to support local business.
Sunday 3 August 2008 8.08pm
Don't use London Dental Practice on borough high street they make you have 2 or 3 consultations before they do any work. And the bill is about 100.00 before they even start any work. Try and get one that does NHS as well. Can recommend The Dental Care Centre in new cross a bit of a trek but worth it. Great Swedish practice
Monday 4 August 2008 12.58pm
I go to Surrey Docks Dental off Salter Road - SE16. A bit out of the way but always very good and they take NHS patients as well (in fact I'm off there this afternoon).
Monday 4 August 2008 5.25pm
I go to a dentist on Borough High Street (not the London Dental Practice). He's called Dr Chater - lovely bloke and think he's accepting NHS patients at the minute.
Tuesday 5 August 2008 5.59pm
On the basis of a recommendation that I read on this forum when we moved to the area, I go to MP Dental on Jamaica Road. I've used the hygienist there twice and was very impressed. It's a really nice surgery - clean and modern, and the staff are friendly.
Monday 11 August 2008 4.57pm
I second MP Dental - very nice lady, a gentle and pain-free experience. I think it cost about 35.
Tuesday 12 August 2008 11.16am
what's the difference between a dentist and a dental hygienist?

(and no this isn't the start of a joke, I'm genuinely interested to know - as I sometimes go to see a dentist for check ups, and if I have problems, but would never go to see a dental hygienist, as I have no idea what one is, or does, or why)
Tuesday 12 August 2008 11.44am
The dental hygienist is the person who cleans your teeth and scrapes all the tartar and staining off. Perhaps they more commonly have them at private practices whereas at NHS ones the dentist does the cleaning?
Tuesday 12 August 2008 11.47am
thanks - that's what I would say that the dentist normally does (in my past experiences), as well as filling, drilling, capping, etc.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: