Providence Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 3 August 2008 6.10pm
We are moving soon to Providence Square. I did read some comments about living there on this site but they were posted a long time ago. Would really appreciate anyone giving me any pro and cons of living here. Thank you!
Monday 4 August 2008 9.19pm
Pretty quiet on the whole. The water feature is currently being drained and wont be repaired until then end of the year... the repairs are also somewhat costly. Daytime porters are great but some of the evening/night ones are urrrr a little unhelpful.
Monday 4 August 2008 9.45pm
Many thanks for your response. What is your defintion of unhelpful? I met the husband and wife team during the day and they seemed very helpful. Thanks.
Tuesday 5 August 2008 1.57pm
No problem, they sometimes go walkabout for extended periods & can be a little less than pro-active.

John & Wife are however very helpful. All in all I dont think it will a big problem for you, unless you happen to forget your door card late at night and they've gone to ground!
Tuesday 5 August 2008 4.56pm
I've found the lady who covers the late afternoon/mid evening shift to be really friendly and helpful. I haven't dealt with any of the porters after about 10pm though.

We love living in Providence Square, although this has been our first summer there, and we've found the noise coming from Mill St to be a bit tedious when we've slept with the windows open. I guess that's the downside of living on a road with restaurants that stay open late!
Tuesday 5 August 2008 5.33pm
Thanks again for the reassurances. I lived in the West End for the last 10 years but i think I will enjoy life in SE1.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: