Any amateur photographers out there?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 August 2008 12.30pm
If so, I wonder if you can solve a mystery for me.

From my office on Union Street I can see a wall with some polystyrene semi-circles attached to it. They were left there by the creators of the temporary lido and look a bit rubbish to my untrained eye, if slightly fungal.

Several times a day we spot amateur photographers taking pictures of them. It's quite amusing to see how absolutely fascinated by them people are.

If there are any photography buffs out there, do go along and check them out - you might get a snap you find interesting. But please do report back about what the attraction is!
Thursday 14 August 2008 3.50pm
i walked past there, on the way to the Charles Dickens pub quiz last night and wondered what they were.

on another note, do you know what the two trees are in the pavement, just near there? - they have really huge leaves!

I'll keep my camera in my bag, and maybe get pics next week.
Thursday 14 August 2008 5.57pm
JonR wrote:
i walked past there, on the way to the Charles Dickens pub quiz last night and wondered what they were.
on another note, do you know what the two trees are in the pavement, just near there? - they have really huge leaves!

I'll keep my camera in my bag, and maybe get pics next week.

We were only remarking on those monster leaves the other day. No idea what the trees are, but I remember them being planted about five years ago - they were mere saplings then.

Do post any pics!
Thursday 21 August 2008 9.47am
I've taken photo's of the fungi on Union St. but forgot to get photo's of the trees with huge leaves.
Thursday 21 August 2008 10.16am
Nice snaps - you've captured their fungal weirdness quite well, I think!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: