Post Office Playing up AGAIN!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 16 August 2008 12.53pm
Although service was getting better it seems to have taken a firm downhill slide recently.

I have had missing Credit cards not delivered to me in the past 6 weeks. Items I have placed in the post box (Marshalsea Road box) not arriving to destinations I have sent them too (and ending up with a PCN as one was being sent to CC London!!!).

Also our deliveries seem to come at 7pm at night every 3 days.

What is going on?
Saturday 16 August 2008 1.24pm
I can't tell you how many pieces of mail have been misdelivered to my building. I finally marked them all "misdelivered--please redeliver" and put them in a post box yesterday. I hope they will get to the right addresses. My guess is that yours are sitting in someone's lobby as well.

We've also been having the large volumes of mail for the business on the ground floor delivered into the tenants' lobby. This is a recent phenomenon. I can't blame the postman alone for this, as the building management apparently told the business its address was the same as one of the flats in the building. But it was being delivered properly until recently. I wonder if there is a new postman, or the regular one is on holiday?

I also wish he would stop rubber-banding our mail, because he keeps folding my magazines in half, which makes them a pain to read.
Monday 18 August 2008 9.38am
Not that the post is ever that perfect (lol) but i guess its got a lot to do with summer holidays and the regular guys not being always seems to take a bit of a nose-dive around summer albeit from not exactly exulted heights.
Monday 18 August 2008 2.35pm
i have noticed just recently that our post now lands in a bundle at the bottom of the comunal stairs rather than delivered to each flat, as used to happen previously.

can't complain that much, we only ever get bills anyway, and I don't mind those getting lost.
Monday 18 August 2008 4.32pm
Two days now - no deliveries at all for my block. Apparently loads of post delivery vans zipping past the building today tho'....
Monday 18 August 2008 5.57pm
I complained to Royal Mail today as out Saturday mail was left in sacks in the foyer and not put in our mail boxes until Monday. Our concierge locked the sacks away, but really for security no-one but Royal Mail staff should touch mail till it's properly delivered. After talking to the harassed post man who finally came to sort out today's mail (and Saturday's) at 2.40pm! it transpires there is some new contract in place. Whatever. Mail should be secure till it's delivered to the address it's meant to go to - and if it's not then they're not doing the job properly. With identity fraud one of the few booming industries in these times it seems to be leaving doors wide open for problems to arise with missing mail. I suggest you report all instances of these problems to Royal Mail complaints 08457 740 740.
Tuesday 19 August 2008 2.19pm
I have been waiting for a few packages which were sent last week recorded delivery and i have had no luck receiving them. Track and trace cannot even locate where my parcels are. And to top it off the postman is not even delivering the mail direct to the front doors, just posting them in the small letter box at the bottom of my building where anyone can steal my post and even parcels if he put them in there. Im disgusted with this service. I know it s a new postman as the regular guy always buzzes up to me for me to let him in the building. this one cant even be bothered to do that.

Has anyone had any trouble with madela way sorting office, as im sure my parcels have ended up there but they cant find it for whatever reason
Tuesday 19 August 2008 3.44pm
We did not receive post at our E&C offices from Thursday until Tuesday last week, on requesting information we were told there probably hadn't been any to be delivered. When it was pointed out that, while this was of course possible, it was highly unlikely the response was 'well, we have had some problems but it doesn't mean your address was affected'. We received five rubber banded bundles at 2.55pm on Wednesday!

When I moved from SE1, I paid to have mail redirected for six months and received four packages containing nine pieces of mail, I then received a package from the person who bought the flat who got the address from a resident I'm in touch withwith 22 envelopes in it (mostly junk mail I admit). I declined the Post Office's kind offer to continue redirecting mail for an exobitant fee and told them why - I haven't had any respose, apologetic or otherwise. I can't believe things will ever get any better until we can charge Mr Crozier a 2 million penalty rather than him being able to take it as a bonus whilst sacking x,ooo postal workers.
Tuesday 19 August 2008 9.09pm
Don't ask me why,but I often have my post delivered to ITV offices further down the road and the postroom lad kindly re-delivers them to me during his lunch break on his Moped.Wedding photo's and herbal medication have both ended up there.So far there's no huge Premium Bond cheque,though, but if this young man turns up in a Porsche one day then I'll look at him in a suspicious manner.
Tuesday 19 August 2008 11.13pm
I am have problems with PCNs not arriving, and appeals not getting recieved in time.
Are other SE1ers having same problems?
I have spent a fortune on paying solicitors to witness me swearing affidavits, and I have baliffs after me, for PCNs which were handed out while my bigvan was loading/unloading.
Thanks Post Office, thanks.
Apparently the delivery round for the Draper Estate, south of the Elephant, will now include the Shopping Centre, and Metro Central Heights, so Jackie, don't expect anything more than deliveries on alternate days.
Is there an alternative? I don't have a work address.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: