Where to buy window boxes?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Laphroaig Tuesday 19 August 2008 5.08pm
I'd like to buy a couple of window boxes like these:
http://www.foxesboxes.co.uk/zinc.html

Unfortunately that company has not responded to the emails or phone messages I've left them over the past couple of weeks, and the online ordering mechanism doesn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could find some like these? The brackets need to be rounded, to go over a railing.
La Martinet Tuesday 19 August 2008 5.38pm
Two years ago, I bought something very similar from, of all places, Ikea. They're fabulous; they do single ones and normal window box size ones that hang over the rail that runs around my balcony - I have several.

I don't know if they still do them as I haven't been to an Ikea for a while. They were in their 'Summer Shop'. Unfortunately, their website is useless so it would involve a trip.

Best of luck.
geoff holman Tuesday 19 August 2008 9.21pm
B&Q in Old Kent Road had some earlier in the year
Laphroaig Wednesday 20 August 2008 6.30am
Thanks! I'll check these out. I guess my timing could be better.
sarahse1 Wednesday 20 August 2008 7.05am
You could also try New Covent Garden Flower Market (an early start is needed - get there for 7am at the latest!)- they have a couple of places that do great zinc planters at really good prices
Laphroaig Wednesday 20 August 2008 8.03am
That looks interesting! Will they sell to the general public?
PKM Wednesday 20 August 2008 8.56am
I bought a similar one from theurbangarden.co.uk

Garden centre on KIngs Road, up past Heals also has them sometimes.
The Hutch Wednesday 20 August 2008 9.12am
I know it's not in the area, but it's also not that far - Columbia rd flower mkt. I bought some in a shop up there recently that were very similar and were far cheaper than the ones on this web site. Well worth a visit on a Sunday anyway.
Laphroaig Wednesday 20 August 2008 1.09pm
Thanks, all! I'll report back.
zee Tuesday 26 August 2008 6.24pm
I've bought some lovely ones from the urban garden too. They had a good selection and the one I bought is adjustable to fit different balcony rails. They are based locally and deliver.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions