Photos of Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 5 December 2003 4.30pm
Does anyone know of any published photos of the Borough Market area ? I am leaving SE1 soon and would like to find some good pictures of one of my favorite places to take away - my efforts with the camera just don't do it justice. Every time I visit, there seem to be people bristling with huge cameras, looking very professional, but I've never come across any pictures for sale anywhere.
Friday 5 December 2003 4.50pm
Weren't there some Borough Market scenes in this recent exhibition?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/678
Presumably the Gallery can put you in touch with the photographer.
Friday 5 December 2003 5.28pm
Go to Google, and do an image search (click the tab marked Images rather than Web) for "Borough Market" - lots of photos, some of which are commercially available.

Monday 8 December 2003 3.39pm
Local Photographer Steve Hollingshead can help you. He exhibits and sells photos of the area, currently on exhibition in Bankside Restaurant. He is also producing a calander with great pics of the area for 2004

Contact Steve on Tel: 020 7922 1350
email: s.hollers@btconnect.com

Modigliani
Monday 8 December 2003 3.56pm
See also http://www.takingthepics.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 December 2003 6.47pm
I bought one of Steve's (limited edition) calenders and they are v. good (and great) Xmas pressies. Apologies for the unashamed plug but he is a pretty good photographer and local too.
Monday 8 December 2003 11.21pm
I've snapped up one of the calendars too - I believe there's some available for sale in Bedales on Bedale St and also in Vinopolis. The photos are from the whole of London rather than just Borough, but he's a local guy so there are several from SE1 including some from the market. The web site as mentioned by James is well worth a look too, as is the exhibition at the Bankside restaurant, and I'm sure Steve would do a commission if you like the look of what you see but cant find exactly what you want.

-T.U.Ms. Jo

Tuesday 9 December 2003 6.29pm
For a slightly different slant on the area [and if you're inclined to spend the dosh - 40 each?] there are 3 prints available taken from paintings of the Market as it was only a few years ago, by local artist Mike Challenger. They are available from the artist himself or from the 'Chicken shop' [sorry - can't recall the name] next door to the temporary reincarnation of the Borough Cafe in Stoney St. The originals are owned by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Wednesday 10 December 2003 9.33am
I too would highly recommend Steve's calendars. Each one is a numbered limited edition from only 250 and it really captures the spirit of London. There is at least one Borough Market pic in it, taken during October Plenty this year. Head to Bankside Restaurant to see his prints, which are available to purchase. I believe some will also be available from Vinopolis when the new tourist information centre opens there at the end of the month too.

For more market pics, pick up your free copy of the Borough Market News from the Market stands or go to your friendly estate agents and ask for their brochure for 54 Lant Street. It's got some fabulous pictures of the Market and makes a great coffee table book!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: