Bermondsey life

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 August 2008 10.51am
As a Bermondsey Boy of years long gone ,moved out in 1963 ,i'm fancinated to find the diversity of life
you now have .
So i will follow with envy and facination your lifes and dreams for your Bermondsey thro these pages ,enjoy .
all the best from a old un

DJM
Friday 29 August 2008 9.32am
Wow - I'm sure Bermondsey must have changed almost beyond recognition since 1963, although, for me, it hasn't lost its charm. When did you last visit?

I moved to Bermondsey just over 3 years ago and even in that short space of time there has been a great deal of change with new developments springing up all over the place. Most exciting to me (I live on Alma Grove) are Bermondsey Square and the re-development of the Tesco on Old Kent Road.

If you want to find out more about what's going on, this web site is great:

http://www.bermondseyspa.org.uk/

Chris
Monday 1 September 2008 3.59pm
Carmenes , the changes,oh the changes they knocked me house down knocked the baths and swimming pool down ,flattened me school ,rotters us kids wanted to do that .
And i bet all the boozes have been knocked down or altered in to restruants
are the pie n mash shops still in Tower Bridge road , cor i could murder pie mash stewed eels and liqour ,dribble dribble drool

DJM
Monday 1 September 2008 4.15pm
Manzes is still open on Tower Bridge Road and there always seems to be a healthy queue but I think its the only pie & mash shop there now.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: