Southwark planning very poo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 August 2008 4.19pm
I received details of this planning application http://tinyurl.com/6dcj5n through the door yesterday (incidentally five days after the date on the letter, cutting the consultation period by nearly 25% before it even starts).

Try clicking on the links - only the first of then ten works. Not much use. So, ring the case officer, methinks, a certain 'Fennel Mason'. Except his voicemail sonorously tells he's onholidy til the 10th september. Er, there's a 21 day consultation limit, of which AFAIC he's only around for 2 days of - what's the point giving me his name in the first place?

Never mind, his voicemail also says I can ring his boss (Rob). But bugger, Rob's phone picks up and says voice mailbox full, ring back later. How much later than three hours is 'later'.

Never, *never*, mind, Mr. Mason's voicemail reminds me of the general planning number. Blow me, voice mailbox full too.

I've emailed the shower of sh*tes. Is this sort of crap usual?
Thursday 28 August 2008 5.27pm
If you want to object to the application, write in with concerns that you couldnt speak to anyone and state that you only recieved the letter on x date.
Thursday 28 August 2008 6.08pm
What's very poo?
Thursday 28 August 2008 9.44pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
What's very poo?

wonderfully freudian!
Friday 29 August 2008 9.07am
Taken from the application page:

"To comment on this planning application please email planning.applications@southwark.gov.uk. Please make sure that you state the application number and your postal address. Comments that you submit will be published on this website for others to see."

I've emailed this address before to comment on an application and they are usually quite responsive. You can check that your comments have been noted by clicking on the 'Neighbour Consultation Replies' section a week or so after you send your email.

Chris
Friday 29 August 2008 6.51pm
'Except his voicemail sonorously tells he's onholidy til the 10th september. Er, there's a 21 day consultation limit, of which AFAIC he's only around for 2 days of - what's the point giving me his name in the first place?'

Don't worry about the twenty-one-day consultation period. It's not a 'limit' per se. This is the minimum amount of time that councils are obliged to give people the opportunity to comment on planning applications - not the maximum (regardless of how the consultation letter may be worded).

I don't know of any council that observes a strict twenty-one-day cut-off point for responses to consultation letters; councils are pretty laid-back about when responses come in and responses will usually be accepted right up until the planning application goes to committee (or, if decided under delegated powers, until the officer's written his report... which will usually be about six weeks after you received the letter).

However, if a problem with their website is preventing you from looking at the plans in the first place (and you're unable to go to their offices to see the plans in person), then the planning officer ('Fennel Mason' in this instance) may not be able to do much about it, as he wouldn't be directly involved with the website or with getting the plans on there - so it might be an idea to contact LB Southwark's webmaster instead.
Saturday 30 August 2008 10.35am
All sorted now. Have managed to get through and get plans emailed. Follow up contacts have all been great, just a pity the initial communications were so poor. First impressions...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: