Dumping bulk refuse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 8.28pm
Hi all

Why, when the council provide a free collection service (advising you of the date of collection so you can put it out the night before), do residents insist on still dumping random bits of rubbish on the estates? I live in Eastwell House and nearly every day you see random bits of furniture, electrical goods etc just dumped out on the green areas.

It's so frustrating as so many residents try to keep the estate relatively presentable and i'm sure it's the same few that make keep dumping. Has anyone tackled this issue successfully in other estates?
Wednesday 3 September 2008 9.43am
When I lived in a high rise, we had a similar problem. I put a very large notice up. 'FREE...FREE...FREE..FURNITURE COLLECTION.OLD JUNK PHONE etc.' in the lobby, it worked for a while.

the service was not as good then, it's very good now.
Wednesday 3 September 2008 4.52pm
Thanks Jan

I might try that as i've noticed when people dump stuff in the actual stairwell others have put a note out saying "do you think this is going to walk to the tip itself? Please call council and dispose of correctly" and it seems to work.

It's just so frustrating as it's so unneccessary and to me it just shows a basic lack of respect.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: