Blue Plumbing: anyone got a mobile number for them

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 September 2008 11.21am
Blue Plumbing just did a job for me this morning, and I need to speak to them again quite urgently. Their landline is temporarily out of order all of a sudden -- anyone got their mobile number by any chance??
Wednesday 3 September 2008 6.50pm
Andrew H wrote:
Blue Plumbing just did a job for me this morning, and I need to speak to them again quite urgently. Their landline is temporarily out of order all of a sudden -- anyone got their mobile number by any chance??

Hi there Andrew I don't have a mobile number for them but spoke to them this afternoon and they told me they'd had a problem with the BT line being down. I have called back and told them you were tring to get hold of them they said they'd spoke to you :)

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 3 September 2008 7.52pm
Yes, Paul rang me, and we are sorted.

My post sounds a bit like I was not happy with them, so just to confirm -- I used them after a recommendation here, and I was very happy with their visit and quotation today, and will be going ahead and using them for my job. I was offered some ways of saving money without cutting corners, which was especially helpful.
Thursday 4 September 2008 12.41pm
Hi Andrew

I've been scouring the forum for recommendations about plumbers and noticed there seemed to be many negative ones about Blue Plumbing. Conversely they are IPHE registered which would normally indicate a good service. Can I ask what recommendations tipped you into choosing them and did you get quotes from any one else?

Carr
Thursday 4 September 2008 2.33pm
Many negative comments? Are you sure? I went through all the plumbing threads as I was shortlisting and their name kept coming up as a recommendation, especially for small jobs, with only one truly negative comment from someone who they never rang back after a problem with a part or something.

I got quotes from Pimlico too, and their hourly rate was the same so I went with the local guy.
Thursday 4 September 2008 3.36pm
Hi again

the treads i read were http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/43069/82007#msg-82007 and http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/86726/86773#msg-86773

i'm going to give them a ring though for a quote.
Thursday 4 September 2008 4.11pm
Maybe it depends on the type of job. We should always shop around, that's for sure.
Thursday 4 September 2008 4.33pm
I've used them twice - first time round the job was done, problem fixed.

Second time did not turn up, phoned in and told had to rebook, obviously not happy.

Third time, had a filure of a part from the first job ( which had a guarantee on it ) - phoned in and spoke to Paul, who I believe runs the place, and was told he would check and ring back but never.

I don't use them anymore. Previous poster is correct, shop around - plumbing is a mystery to most of us which is why we're in their hands.
Thursday 4 September 2008 4.54pm
The IPHE have a code of conduct that Blue Plumbing have agreed to follow to maintain their registeration (http://www.iphe.org.uk/iphecode.html) one of which is about customer care, standards of service etc, and there is a complaints process that you can use if you feel these standards have been breached. Alternatively it has a praise page for when you feel you have received a good standard.

I found out about IPHE when I rang another plumber recommended in this forum but he unfortunately only does heating these days; he recommended IPHE (and is listed as a member himself). Interestingly there are only about half a dozen registered plumbers in SE1/16/11/17 combined; does that mean others don't want to conform to the code of conduct or have a formal complaints process that they have to answer to?

Carr

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: