Curious incidents in the Harper Road area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 September 2008 9.09pm
I wandered along today to have a look at the blue crystal flat on Harper Road that's been getting a bit of publicity. I wasn't wildly impressed, but it certainly wasn't a fruitless visit!

A woman in some distress approached me on Harper Road asking if I could lend her a lighter. I didn't have one, but this didn't deter her from explaining to me that she urgently needed one as she wanted to smoke some crack she had. I suppose I shouldn't have been too bemused by this, but my slightly puzzled condition was increased when I carried on down to New Kent Road, where a teenager on a bicycle zoomed past me, shouting racist abuse at another pedestrian and then heading back to give me a volley of homophobic abuse. It was all rather surreal.
Friday 5 September 2008 7.23am
A snapshot of london life.
Friday 5 September 2008 7.57am
Delightful :-(
Friday 5 September 2008 9.11am
I must go to Harper Road and see what happens!
Friday 5 September 2008 10.50am
You can buy lighters at the corner shop, or the newsagent on Harper Rd. I'd suggest buying a little less crack, so that there's enough change for a lighter.

Although I must say I've never been troubled by anyone wanting me to help them with their drug-taking in my frequent walks down Harper Rd.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 September 2008 11.09am
I must look like the sort of person who would oblige.
Friday 5 September 2008 11.11am
In which case...can I borrow your lighter, please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 September 2008 11.16am
Sounds like a sketch from Little Britain!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: