lower marsh xmas tree

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 December 2003 12.40am
Has anyone seen the Christmas tree outside the Waterloo action centre in Lower marsh. I read that a special effort had been made this year to get into the christmas spirit for all us locals to enjoy. I can only describe it as a fifty foot (as advertised, but debatable) poor excuse for a tree. If you havent seen it, this is a must for your yuletide festivities. it has been thrown up and not at all straight, there has been a little contribution to tinsel, but only as far as someone could throw it, and the lights must have been at the christmas sherry. Do go and take a look. This will cheer all you humbugs right up, as it did me.
Saturday 13 December 2003 10.31am
Oh I dunno, it's not that bad really! If you want poor Christmas trees, take a little trip to the London Borough of Harrow.

I'm not quite understanding that little Christmas tree in the middle of the park next to it though - just kind of placed there and held up with guy ropes wrapped in tinsel.
Monday 15 December 2003 10.19am
your right Ali - it had a definite list.....mind you after a few drinks it would probably look straight to me...

Monday 15 December 2003 3.15pm
that tree is hilarious - its gone 'limp with excitement.'

looks like someone has just chucked a load of tinsel and some of it hit the tree - love the police barrier around it
Monday 15 December 2003 4.30pm
it's the thought of all those balls flinging themselves at it :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: