Meeting Room

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 8 September 2008 12.51pm
Does anyone have any suggestions about a meeting room where a small block of flats could have a residents AGM on neutral territory. We would only need the room for about 2-3 hours and there should only be about 10-15 people. Any pubs with rooms, that would not cost too much, would be ideal as most people would buy a drink, but neutral territory is the most important thing!

Many thanks for your help.

Cate
Monday 8 September 2008 1.10pm
Any particular part of the area, as SE1 is quite large?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 September 2008 1.29pm
from experience the main thing to look for is a quiet room. Pubs can be pretty tricky places for group discussion as they often have loud music, host pub quizzes or are otherwise busy. Once went to a residents' meeting at The Victoria pub on Pages Walk SE1, it is a fairly quiet pub and the meeting was able to proceed with everyone (about 10 of us) able to hear each other. The pub did not charge for us to use it, but there were regular punters in there too so it was not private.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3177.html
Jac
Monday 8 September 2008 1.46pm
The hartley, which I know is quite near you, has a room upstairs not sure what they charge for it. The Leather market a bit further also has a room upstairs.
Monday 8 September 2008 4.05pm
We have used the Hartley upstairs before as well.
Monday 8 September 2008 4.12pm
Thanks for your comments and suggestions, we are just off Tower Bridge Road, the Bricklayers Arms end. The Hartley seems to be under new management, the woman behind the bar didn't know whether we could use the room and nobody has got back to me so far. The others might be possibles though, I shall get in touch. Thanks again.
Monday 8 September 2008 4.37pm
Bermondsey Central Hall or Haddon Hall Baptist Church may have meeting rooms available for hire.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 September 2008 8.26pm
James

Thanks very much for those suggestions, I will give them a ring.

Cate
Monday 8 September 2008 9.14pm
Tanner House on Tanner Street has a large room that was regularly used by local Housing coop's. You can contact them on (020) 7357 8093 - 1 Tanner Street House, London Tanner Street is just off Tower Bridge Road. First left after the Premier Inn Hotel. Good luck.
Tuesday 9 September 2008 9.53am
There's also an upstairs room which some TRAs and local groups use at the Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Good food and beer there also.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: