Big Day in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 14 December 2003 11.47am
We've done it!

This Monday (15th December) the Leader of Lambeth Council will sign a new 40 year lease for Archbishops Park.

It really has been three and a half years of hard slog but SE1 gets to keep its largest park.

On top of that we have just been granted some money from Lambeth Riverside SRB for the weekly football scheme we run and some new play equipment, and we are waiting to hear about a grant from Cross River Partnership that will to allow our group of volunteers help in the form of professional support to move forward on the Park management plan. This plan, written a year ago, involves 50 proposals for improved facilities and aims to capture some of the funding available in the area to ensure that the park is best able cope with the increased demand for green space and leisure and recreation facilities in this increasingly built up area.

And more. Riverside Community Development Trust are working with Lambeth Social Services on a proposal to turn the redundant park keepers house into cafe for park users including local office and hospital workers, that will also be a training centre to help give people employable skills.

The big signing is taking place at the Florence Nightingale Museum from 1.00pm. Andrea Lake in the Lambeth Council Press office is handling the press side of things, but if anyone knows any journalists that might be interested in a green space, or urban regeneration, or 'local mums take on, well, just about everyone and win' type story, we want our pictures in the paper. Not just because I've had my hair cut, but also to give momentum to the rest of the process.

In the meantime thanks to everyone, including James. Plus TLMJJ who astutely recognised when alcohol was needed.
Sunday 14 December 2003 6.34pm
Congratulations, Sarah

I know this wouldn't have happened without all your hard work.

Rabbie

Post edited (14 Dec 03 18:36)
Sunday 14 December 2003 9.06pm
Sarah, I am so pleased. Well done - you really are amazing.

TLMJJ

xx
jan
Sunday 14 December 2003 10.27pm
Ditto Sarah, your hard work has paid off...:-)

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Monday 15 December 2003 8.06am
Thanks - and that includes the flying pig.

Though forget me - I want some journo's there. So Lurkers and all. If you know any journalists who might be interested, give them a call.

A few good press clippings will help our fund raising - and we are after 2.5 million. No limit to our ambitions here. But then as many earlier threads have noted there is a shortage of recreational sports facilities, places for Waterloo kids to go and more. Plus facilities to serve the hospital including its new children's wing.

And lets not forget the impact on the value of my house....
Jai
Monday 15 December 2003 9.12am
Nice work Sarah !!!

paid off some of the pain and hard work i hope...

Varkenslachter
Monday 15 December 2003 10.04am
Sarah, when I get home I shall remove the reference to the flying bacon as it could be misconstrued!

:-)

jan
Monday 15 December 2003 11.04am
Jan,
No need to be sensitive. Pigs fly and tinsel balls come in sacks.

Once my park is sorted and I go back to being a normal person, I am going to need a proper alias for my posts. Any suggestions?

Have just realised that I have nothing suitable to wear to a signing ceremony. Should have asked Big Dave and TLMJJ to be the Trinny and Susannah of the SE1 Forum.....

Sarah
jac
Monday 15 December 2003 11.11am
Yes well done Sarah

The kids of SE1 need mums like you. To fight there corner. such great news for the park and for your house value. Hope you get the journo you want
Monday 15 December 2003 11.21am
know I'm coming to this late.....but where is this park anyone?

[shame of not knowing where our biggest local park is
]

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: