Does anyone know of a good sofa bed supplier?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 September 2008 12.03pm
Hi all

We are looking to buy a new sofa bed but having found an amazing one last night we discovered that it would not fit in through out door way!

As we live in a one bedroom flat we were looking for recommendations of suppliers who make smaller sofa beds which are comfy but can fit in narrow door ways - either they are smaller or or can be disembled to get through door ways? Or alternatively looking for a way of getting a bigger sofa through our 2nd floor window.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

MrsR
Tuesday 9 September 2008 12.17pm
Try Darlings of Chelsea - they have a showroom in Greenwich. I think they will do them with removable arms to make them a little easier to deliver!
Tuesday 9 September 2008 1.26pm
There is a sofa bed shop on Tottenham Court Road, just across the road from Habitat and Heals. I am sure they can help you.
Tuesday 9 September 2008 2.30pm
I got one from Ikea which I managed to get up to the first floor of my place which is pretty narrow.... Also I got a day bed from there which came flat pack and pulls out to a good size double / king size. pretty good value compared to anything I found available elsewhere / internet etc all were more pricey.
Tuesday 9 September 2008 2.35pm
shop on 82 TCR, Espacio (?sp) sofa beds from just over 1K, slightly more expensive at Darling of Chelsea.

most still too large, unless they come packed smaller than the size description for each one.
Tuesday 9 September 2008 3.37pm
I dont know if they are still in business but several yars ago I bought a sofa bed from a company called Woodman an Wolf they were based at Kings Cross, excellent quality and a very hard waring sofa too.
It was assembled on site so had no probs with the stairs etc.
Sunday 5 October 2008 1.24pm
Thank you to all the posts. We ended up buying a modular sofa bed which is so comfy and stylish and got through our front door...
Have fun
Saturday 25 October 2008 4.02pm
Hi there, I know it's a bit after the event but I've just seen your posting re sofabed. Can I ask where you bought the modular sofabed? I have the same problem with a narrow staircase. Thanks
Saturday 25 October 2008 11.22pm
We got one at Muji which they delivered flat packed,took about quarter of an hour - if that - to assemble, is incredibly comfortable, and takes seconds to turn into a bed.
Sunday 26 October 2008 9.18am
Thanks for the info. I really need one that will open to a double. I've tracked down this company = www.nabru.co.uk does anyone have experience of using them?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: